Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Manual for an auto

Old 02-27-2013, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When i was looking for my Jeep i wanted a manual but got a good deal on my auto. After driving manual sport/muscle cars most of my life shifting a 4 door 3.8 felt like a pig. I wouldnt mind shifting but i really dont mind the auto, kinda like it
Old 02-27-2013, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I'm 'old school', but for me a Wrangler should be a manual, 2dr, soft top, 4x4 and be lifted - juss sayin'.
So keep the stick!
Old 05-09-2020, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 476 Likes on 427 Posts

Went from a manual to auto with my conversion. Just finally wrapping up the project as I had a shit of a time getting the engine running right. Turned out to be incorrect ECU. But with 8 auto gears and low of 4.6:1 for auto it should have lots of giddy up on the road with really nice spaced gearing and tap shift manual. And offroad the torque converter slip near idle is worth another 1.5:1 ratio added in the gear one is in. My left ankle is getting arthritis so auto was great timing. And that V8 auto will fix those Calgary pickup pricks at the light that want my lane ahead of me as my truck will have their motor and 1000lbs less to haul and gearing at 4.10 .
Old 05-13-2020, 04:58 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

I was looking for a standard, but got an auto, it had the other options I wanted, or I'll say it didn't have all the BS I didn't want.
other than Hard Top, Trac lock, A/C and LED headlights, auto trans is the only other option.
Less is better, and more is more to go wrong.
Saying that, I wish I had found the same other options with a standard trans

Quick Reply: Manual for an auto