Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Man the Jeep world has changed...

Old 08-13-2009, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another troll on how the JK ruined everyone's fun? Gee, haven't seen this topic before.

Yesterday I saw a TJ in the store parking lot with chrome bumpers and other smaller pieces that had been chromed such as the windshield hinges. I'll have to watch for him and get a picture.

I've also seen an all white TJ that was lowered on little skinny tires. None of this is new, you simply have something new to blame for the deviations from what's considered "cool".

Beel
Old 08-13-2009, 01:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen more TJ's around here with chrome than JK's, but they are starting to creep in more and more
the thing that is more sad to me is that I see a lot of Rubi's that were purchased because they were the "High End" model and they will never be offroad, never be put in 4lo, never be disconnected, and these people have no idea what a locker is...but it was the most expensive so they had to have it.... and these are the ones I am starting to see blinged out and with rubber band tires...
but then again to each his own
Old 08-13-2009, 01:46 PM
JK Super Freak

I have seen several TJ Rubicons with street tires on them...makes me cry.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Saw a 2dr JK Rubi today with chrome rims and street tires, made me do a double take He didn't wave either.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't have a camera with me but saw a 4dr JK the other day. All white, painted white hard top. Painted white bumpers and side mirrors. Dark tinted windows. 20 inch rims with those short sidewall street tires on it. I'm sure the owner thinks it's awesome. It will never see dirt unless he sells it. Might as well of bought a Hummer.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3v7HZuWGEs
Old 08-13-2009, 02:52 PM
JK Junkie

That video made me puke a little bit
Old 08-13-2009, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

haha im in no way a troll....just asking opinions I dont care who mods what car/truck/jeep and how they mod it. Its you'rs, do as you please. I have just been out of Jeep world for 2 years, and while wheel shopping noticed a lot of things have changed.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:34 PM
JK Freak

I've noticed that as well and I think it is largely due to the larger vehicle and especially the larger wheel well. With 2" pucks, you can run 35's on a 2 door. Try that in a TJ. With larger tires being so easy to run, it increases your percentage of those running larger tires, and thus increasing the chance of those running larger wheels.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by woffles
I didn't have a camera with me but saw a 4dr JK the other day. All white, painted white hard top. Painted white bumpers and side mirrors. Dark tinted windows. 20 inch rims with those short sidewall street tires on it. I'm sure the owner thinks it's awesome. It will never see dirt unless he sells it. Might as well of bought a Hummer.
I'm not defending the look, but remember "JK's" are available as 2WD models within the "Unlimited" line.

Quick Reply: Man the Jeep world has changed...