Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Man i love my jeep...but dont understand some things these days.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Man i love my jeep...but dont understand some things these days.

Ive been fortunate enought to own a few different jeeps. My dad had an old cj5 and cj7 when i was growing up so i got to help him with some stuff and hit the trails when he went. When i was 16 i bought a 93 yj and then traded it in for a 2001 tj when i was 20. I sold it(one of the biggest mistakes ever) before going to iraq and 5 years later decided to get rid of my dodge for a 2011 4 door jk. Now what i dont understand is how much jeepers these days really discriminate against other jeeps. Growing up it didnt matter if the other jeep was lifted or had mods or if it was a yj or cj. Everybody waved to eachother and it seems there was a stronger bond between jeep owners. I joined this forum a month ago after buying my jk and was amazed to find theres so many people that really hate on the 4 doors and jks in general. I understand that the jk brought in a ton of new people that dont really care about the tradition of the wave and the jeep itself but i think its our job as jeep owners to educate the new guys on jeep tradition haha...not just get pissed off at them because they dont wave and then take it out on other jeepers lol. Thats all i have to say...sorry if this doesnt make much sense but ive had a few beers tonight haha
Old 06-06-2011, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I completely agree
Old 06-06-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

I distinctly remember the hate for the YJ when it first came out. It was as if the Jeep, (in the old sense of the word), was going away.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I distinctly remember the hate for the YJ when it first came out. It was as if the Jeep, (in the old sense of the word), was going away.
haha yeah jeep got away from the square lights pretty fast
Old 06-06-2011, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

You know what? This is my first jeep ever I got a 2009. I always wAve when I see a fellow jeepers.. But I always owned cars/trucks that had forums. I had a 03 ford cobra, 04 ford lightning and a 02 Harley f150. We always waved and had meets. But your right about people. I have passed so many people on the road that just give me the evil eye when I'm in my jeep.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

I have seen this same type of thread on the Corvette forums. Kinda funny actually.
He doesn't wave, C6's arent real corvettes, corvettes aren's suppose to have fixed headlights. Then there is always a year group/model that everyone picks on, lol.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmedic308
haha yeah jeep got away from the square lights pretty fast
Didn't they last about 10 years?
Old 06-06-2011, 07:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It happens to all types of vehicles... I used to be a member of a Ford Focus forum. I owned a 4-door Focus sedan. Got nothing but crap from all the three door hatchback guys. A 4-door sedan? That's what a family drives. You can't tune or soup up a sedan. Then when the redesigned 2003-04 models came out, it had different headlights... now those too were not a "true" Focus.

All I hear from 2 door Jeep guys is how they wish they had a little more room, so who cares... it's called evolution, those who try to stay the same get passed by.

I fully expect that the next Jeep model, after the JK, is going to get a lot of grief from all of us...
Old 06-06-2011, 07:52 PM
JK Super Freak

YEAH, SCREW THAT NEW MODEL WHATEVER IT IS AND THE PEOPLE WHO OWN THEM!!
Old 06-06-2011, 07:53 PM
JK Freak

I found waving way in advance instead of the last second gets me about a 90% return wave rate....maybe it's out of guilt?

Quick Reply: Man i love my jeep...but dont understand some things these days.