Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mall Cruiser???

Old 03-09-2009, 03:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mall Cruiser???

I don't know who tried calling the JK a mall cruiser... but this past weekend we had a heat wave (50-60*F) so I convinced the girly to take my jeep to do some shopping (for some sunrider action...).

What a PITA! Having to take your goods inside every store with you, so that they dont get stolen! Jeesh... Next time we'll take her accord
Old 03-09-2009, 03:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayland1985
I don't know who tried calling the JK a mall cruiser... but this past weekend we had a heat wave (50-60*F) so I convinced the girly to take my jeep to do some shopping (for some sunrider action...).

What a PITA! Having to take your goods inside every store with you, so that they dont get stolen! Jeesh... Next time we'll take her accord
Then they will just steal the Accord.

It's on the top most stolen vehicles list.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Brigitta
That's funny!!! Despite being a woman I've never had that problem!!

I guess I don't buy that much on my errands and this might also keep sticky fingers out of my JK:
Hahahaha. Well, sadly we just put my German Shepherd down last Tuesday. She was an old girl, but she definitely would have warded the not-so-honest people off.

As for the accord, I don't think the neighborhood will rip that off... But I wouldn't put it past people to reach into an open jeep to pick off a few shopping bags full of clothes!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Brigitta
Sorry to hear about your old girl. Hope you'll get a new buddy to enjoy the JK with.
Yeah... it sure has been lonely around here for the past week. The saddest part was she was still a puppy at heart.... but her body just couldn't keep up with her. SHe was falling quite often and anorexic, so we had to make the decision to put her down. She was 14...

As for a new pup, we're going to wait a few years. I want to have a good amount of time to spend with it, and right now things are very hectic. I can barely find a minute for myself! In due time we'll start looking for a new partner-in-crime though...
Old 03-10-2009, 09:05 AM
JK Super Freak

We went shopping at the local strip mall, and all the bags went into the front footwells with the doors locked. I think we it 4 stores total.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Stuff your stuff behind the front seats and fold the back seats flat- mostly out of sight, but just like anything else, it keeps honest people honest. I've had tempting goodies like beer there with no problems.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Either get locking storage, move to a safer place, or carry it with you. If the sunrider was open, the back was still closed, and with tint, at least you could put it back there where people are less likely to see it. Even with the top closed it isn't secure unless you have a locking storage box back there.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Locking storage is the way to go... and you don't have to spend a fortune if you are handy with tools.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

40 bucks and you can build a trunk for an unlimited.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Thantos
40 bucks and you can build a trunk for an unlimited.

Quick Reply: Mall Cruiser???