Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically

Old 03-05-2011, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink This Jeep is my beeatch. I can do what I want

Originally Posted by im-ocd
I'm leaving the Jeep Unlimited totally stock, using it as an everyday drive, and... I spray the tires with tire shine.
I forgot to add... I spray inside the wheel wells with protectant too

Seriously, I have made a few mods so far:
-side steps
-floor mats
-cargo mat
-receiver hitch
-Rampage rear storage shelf
-tinted glass (did it my self, 35%)
-tinted replacement softtop plastic windows
-under seat lockable metal box

Old 03-05-2011, 10:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by akseminole
So, I've come to the conclusion that ppl who own jk's are being psychologically abusive to their jeep when they leave it stock and just drive it on pavement..

I live in Fairbanks Ak and there are more 4 dr jeeps driving around every day it seems. And 98 and 2/3rds percent of them are bone stock, I'm pretty sure that most of the drivers are women. I've never been returned a jeep wave by any of them(the ones driven by women). I see rubicons with mud tires wearing out on pavement and jeeps with huge blingin rims. It saddens me for the jeeps sake.

also, I think that people think that the 4dr jeep is the new hummer the way I see people mistreating their jeeps.

Oh well, just had to get that off my chest.
How's that quote go?? Better to keep your mouth shut & let people think you are a fool than to open your mouth & remove all doubt.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jason7192
How's that quote go?? Better to keep your mouth shut & let people think you are a fool than to open your mouth & remove all doubt.
Thanks buddy... I couldn't remember that quote but you nailed it!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepjackal
ok,,here we go,,
buying a jeep,, its a hobby most of us hold sacred,, if you cant afford it,, then why waste the money,,
if you have a stang, vette, carmaro,, most people who have them,build them up,,nd im not talking about the crappy 6cyl, they put in them,,,
for example,,, i see a lot of jku's driving around my area,,bone stock sitting on 28's,,
looks like complete crap,, theyre top heavy for one,,,too big of a body for the small tires,,
and for the ones who say,, im not paying for it,,boo hoo,,, you chose the payments ,, not me,, if you cant afford the $400 plus payment plus insurance and fuel, then why would you put yourself in the situation,,

all im saying is that true jeepers wouldnt leave the jeep bone stock,, when i bought mine,, i had it sent out for the lift kit with 37's before i even drove it off the lot,,,
but hey,, what do i know,, not like i care what you drive or do with your money,,,
its not my worry
Some would think that a "true jeeper" would install thier own lift kit and not have to have others do thier work "I had it sent out for the lift kit with 37's" I sure hope you "sent it out" to have the gearing modified.

To each his own... live and let live!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default About using OEM...

I actually HATE that people modify their Jeep's BEFORE they need to... IMO Jeeps are extremely capable. If you are NOT flexing your suspension untill it rubs, you don't need a lift. If you dont bend bumpers, you dont need a bumper. You dont lose fenders, you dont need fenders. I try to get AS MUCH as I can out of OEM Jeep design.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the whole 'jeep thing' is changing...evolving...
everyone who owns a wrangler is entitled to be part of it...
and that's 2 or 4 door...
some go off road...and some don't...
in my humble opinion...they're all still 'jeeps'...

who knows what is going on in peoples lives...
Who knows what other people have to deal with...
mall crawler jeeps may find other types of love...

All I know is that the times they are a'changing...
And I've paid my money and i'm in 'the club'...
I will lift at some point and run 35's...
'cos that's the way a JK should look...

And as yet I have not wheeled...who has the time...
I work 3 jobs to keep all my s##t together...
And I can tell you this for sure...
My jeep is much loved...And wants for nothing.

now i'm not bothered at all about other vehicles with a jeep badge...
for me it's wranglers or nuthin'... that's just me.

Last edited by cybersymes; 03-28-2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Further rant.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:10 PM
-

Originally Posted by 20JK10
Not everyone that buys a Mustang gets the GT. Not everyone that buys a Corvette goes over 65mph. Not everyone that buys the large 3500 series pick-up hauls 20,000lbs worth of stuff every day. Not everyone that buys a full sized SUV has a large family. Not everyone that buys a Prius goes the speed limit [it's funny seeing them speeding on the interstate, kind of defeats the purpose of that car].
completely agree.

drive wrangler on inchs of snow to Mall, nothing wrong with that in Canada. lol
Old 03-28-2011, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rhmiller
Some would think that a "true jeeper" would install thier own lift kit and not have to have others do thier work "I had it sent out for the lift kit with 37's" I sure hope you "sent it out" to have the gearing modified.

To each his own... live and let live!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

i go wheeling when i can, but been more on the trails thats not make me less of a jeeper that some of the rest here. i got to many things in my book full time work, college, military and my girl

Last edited by jay-nyc; 03-28-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by akseminole
Gee. So much hate! Lol. Ok, I should have said "some" jk's are being psychologically abused. And I mean this in the most amusing anthropomorphic way like that kids movie "cars".

Also, the jeeps that I call mall crawlers are the ones with all the chrome, low pro tires, giant ass wheels... The stock jeeps are just stock jeeps. If You have chrome, low pro tires, giant wheels (stock or lowered suspension) And you take it off road with your $300-400 a piece wheels not to mention the price of the tires, then I salute you. You certainly have deeper pockets than me and more gumption.
That's funny, because I always thought buying a Jeep in the Detonator Yellow fell into the same personality category as those same people who put shiny bling wheels on their Jeep.

I mean...shiney bling wheels= eye grabbing attention getter, just like Bright detonator yellow= eye grabbing attention getter.

Let us know when you finally make the full transition and get some bling shiney stuff on that JK to match that Detonator Yellow....because, right now you just sound like a closet homosexual, who highly criticizes the gay community, and we're just waiting for you to get over your denial and finally come out of the closet.

I mean...that's just my opinion....I don't mean to personally insult anyone, or to generalize other people in any manor.

Last edited by Rednroll; 03-29-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically