Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically

Old 03-04-2011, 12:50 PM
JKU
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To each his own. CHEERS TO ALL JEEPS, ALL THE SAME....
Old 03-04-2011, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah I don't see why there's a need to hate.

A thread like this is brought up almost weekly.

Who cares? We bought our jeeps for whatever reason.

Nuff said.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matt852
I actually am content with wheeling with my bone stock JK, but true I think its replaced the H3 that moms drive around a large majority of the 4 door drivers are indeed women with children. I've been waving to them and I got a couple to start waving back.
Driving a Jeep does something to some people. A few years ago at Camp Jeep in Virginia, my wife and I were watching jeeps, some stock and some heavily modified trying to run the deep mud pit that was constructed in the Jeep Playground. We watched at least 15-20 Jeeps each try and fail to climb out of the soupy red clay mixture that was whipped up. Then here comes this stock Rescue Green Rubi Unlimited driven by a blonde haired "soccer mom" wearing a white visor with her four year old strapped in a car seat in the back. I thought she was crazy as she slowly nosed her Jeep into the muddy pit and hit the gas pedal. The engine roared and the mud flew as she ran the deep gauntlet making it through and out on the first try. The crowd roared with approval Funniest damn thing I ever saw. That was the moment I knew a JK Rubicon was in my future.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a bone stock Jeep and I've had it offroad. It's my DD and the only reason that it doesn't have any mods are because of cash flow issues. I plan on modding it and when I see other people who haven't modded their Jeep I give them the benefit of the doubt. The economy isn't great for a lot of people.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Abacabb

Is that even supposed to make sense?
Sorry I guess I should say vagina. Since only a woman would drive that car.

Only thing I would trade a jeep for is a ford raptor. Then again it would be the wifes jeep and I'd still have mine.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

To each their own.

There is nothing like taking the top off, doors off, and hear the kids talk about how "cool" it is.

I am in my first Jeep after finally being able to afford one, and having Jeep envy for years. It is my daily driver at 60 miles a day to and from work, to take the wife and kids out, and head to the lake. And yes, I take it offroad when I can, then wash it and shine the tires, even the spare
Old 03-04-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ECHO
Driving a stock jeep is better then no jeep at all .. We had to start from the begining at some point..
It wouldn't be as fun if we didn't our time building it our own way!
I Totally agree! Everybody has to start somewhere, and if you don't want to modify your jeep, thats up to you.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like to stand up naked while driving along the beach late at night. What other vehicle could I possibly do that in ? No wait, back to off roading.

Besides, my build sheet was listed as off road package. And the salesman assured me that it was off road ready right now at stock. Also, there are many types of enjoyment shared by different people. From easy core, to hard core. I prefer sandy beach's . Others may prefer dangerous rock climbing that for sure will consume damage.
If they want to go to the mall to buy underwear in a snow storm then so be it.
Last year, the MD. area experianced back to back 30" blizzards. At the height of the storm, when it was requested for all vehicles to remain off the road because visibility was like 5'. My wife asked me to go get her some dounuts, why else did I buy the Jeep. I considered that a challenge and off I went. No cars on the road at all. Had a blast knowing that only certain type vehicles were moving around freely in that weather.
Bottom line- to each his/her own.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

Great thing about JKs is (be it unlimited or not):
- you CAN leave it stock (most vehicles you HAVE to... even other Jeeps)
- you CAN make them look "ugly" - and that is relative and subjective - others ARE ugly
- you CAN go on-road, off-road, on-beach, on-mountain, on-snow, on-city, on-town, on-mall, on-whatever... (most of the rest of the cars out there, just pick one, maybe two, and that's it)
- They are convertible WITH Options (Hard top or softtop)... other convertibles have no options

I have always said... this jeeps are just like LEGOS... give them to a entusiast and they will build something awesome... give them to a baby and maybe he'll be able to only put some together...

So... grab you JK, do whatever you want to do to/with him/her and let others do whatever they want to/with theirs.

And YES! they will be SAD and psychologically abused if they don't go out and have some FUN! - whatever fun means to the owner -
Old 03-04-2011, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by earlyjk
maybe they dont wave because they know you're a complete tool.
hua! Outstanding!

Quick Reply: Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically