Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically

Old 03-03-2011, 06:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what are you going to say about me , I have a 4dr , 4" lift , 35 toyo's , front and rear bumpers , hid headlights , hid black magics and other stuff and it's a 2wd
Old 03-03-2011, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigT

Thats the way I think, why pay the extra amount then not use it except for an image projection, Im not saying beat the hell out of your 30 grand vehicle but use it for what it was designed for. I have a kid and cant afford to shell a t case or axles but also go through some heavy remote shit!! And then depend on the Jeep to get my wife to work.
Maybe people buy them because they like the way they look? Man some of you guys need to get a life.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DCJEEP
Maybe people buy them because they like the way they look? Man some of you guys need to get a life.
I'd buy a Prius before cruising around in a stock Jeep.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

These types of threads usually crack me up, but they a really kinda sad as well.

I can understand enthusiasts being a bit let down that something of great potential is not being used as it could, but seriously, these threads are bordering on low-self esteem and self-projection issues... If we really want to talk about psychological terms.

Note everybody is crawling rocks, bogging in mud, or is battling heavy winter snow. Some people just want an a all around use convertible to have fun in.

Last I looked there were no other 4 door convertible's on the market.

Trust me when I say your life will be happier when you worry about what works for you.

Without sounding like a bad fortune cookie, negative things like this take more away from you subconsciously than the guys Jeep you don't like at the mall.

You also see this silly attitude show up on the NSFW wives/girlfriends/jeep thread.

Part of growing up is realizing you are not the end all be all in life.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaker t5
So what are you going to say about me , I have a 4dr , 4" lift , 35 toyo's , front and rear bumpers , hid headlights , hid black magics and other stuff and it's a 2wd
Sounds like a nice "looking" rig. My advice is to keep it on the pavement though.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

I'm not worried about what people do with their own jeep, I don't give a damn if they Bling them up or leave them stock. Stop projecting your own issues at me. I meant the damn thread to be funny and everyone responds with angry chest thumping.

Of course, That is what the Internet Is for, but still.

Obviously the people that are pissy at me have self esteem issues about their shit or they wouldn't make such an angry issue about it. Chill out. Leave your jk stock if it's what suits you aesthetically or economically, whatever. A hundred angry messages in the thread about how I'm shallow or a tool or playing with mommy and daddy's money etc aren't even addressing what I was talking about.

Obviously no one reads what the thread starter wrote, they all just lash out at what they don't want to hear or read from each other.
I think like four maybe five people In the whole thread have actually responded to the thread in the manner that it was intended. Everyone else is just making noise to up their post counts... IMHO
Old 03-04-2011, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Abacabb

I'd buy a Prius before cruising around in a stock Jeep.
So you have a vag?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by akseminole
I'm not worried about what people do with their own jeep, I don't give a damn if they Bling them up or leave them stock. Stop projecting your own issues at me. I meant the damn thread to be funny and everyone responds with angry chest thumping.

Of course, That is what the Internet Is for, but still.

Obviously the people that are pissy at me have self esteem issues about their shit or they wouldn't make such an angry issue about it. Chill out. Leave your jk stock if it's what suits you aesthetically or economically, whatever. A hundred angry messages in the thread about how I'm shallow or a tool or playing with mommy and daddy's money etc aren't even addressing what I was talking about.

Obviously no one reads what the thread starter wrote, they all just lash out at what they don't want to hear or read from each other.
I think like four maybe five people In the whole thread have actually responded to the thread in the manner that it was intended. Everyone else is just making noise to up their post counts... IMHO
My comments weren't directed at you. Check back and I was definately flaming another poster.

Take it from a guy who is rapidly approaching Geezer-hood. If you don't want some kind of negative response don't clown someone else's choice in Politics, Religion or Choice in Jeeps

If you choose to do so, you either get or

Last edited by Notakar; 03-04-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by im-ocd
Liberty ain't a convertible.
Originally Posted by Bacon
I personally like that so many ppl buy Jeeps, and never take them offroad. I was able to pick up my "high mileage" JK (89,000km) this summer for about $15,00 less than it cost when new back in 2007. the only scratches on it were on the rear flares from the previous owner's kids getting in and out. skids underneath? not a scratch. engine bay? no mud. wheels? no rock rash. soft top windows? no scratches. paint on the sides? no pinstriping. fortunately, I've fixed all those issues since I bought it.

three beers for the soccer mom mall crawlers!!
you know there will be an over stock of jk , in the next two years, as more soccer moms trade them in.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DCJEEP
So you have a vag?
Is that even supposed to make sense?

Quick Reply: Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically