Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically

Old 03-03-2011, 12:25 PM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it true that if you don't use it you lose it?

To those of you getting angry by this thread.. relax, Jeeps don't have the self awareness to be psychologically damaged.. yet.

Last edited by EzK; 03-03-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope! Trust me.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:53 PM
JK Super Freak

It doesn't bother me when ppl leave it stock. It's a jeep. Maybe they can't afford to do anything to it but want a jeep! Ever think of that. Buuuuut if you lower it and put spinners on it then ....... Well we will just leave it at that lol.

Last edited by SilverJK12; 03-03-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

Why do people outside of europe own cars that do 100+mph? Because they can.

People buy what they want and it is good like that.
Owning a gun does not mean that you have to shoot someone ;-)
Old 03-03-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by akseminole
So, I've come to the conclusion that ppl who own jk's are being psychologically abusive to their jeep when they leave it stock and just drive it on pavement..

I live in Fairbanks Ak and there are more 4 dr jeeps driving around every day it seems. And 98 and 2/3rds percent of them are bone stock, I'm pretty sure that most of the drivers are women. I've never been returned a jeep wave by any of them(the ones driven by women). I see rubicons with mud tires wearing out on pavement and jeeps with huge blingin rims. It saddens me for the jeeps sake.

also, I think that people think that the 4dr jeep is the new hummer the way I see people mistreating their jeeps.

Oh well, just had to get that off my chest.
All very true. You'd wish they'd learn, but none of them read websites/forums like this one. "New hummer" again very true. I saw my first '11 JK with matching painted hard top and fenders(which started on the TJ), discustingly stock, all that went through my head was, "nice SUV". I think one of the reasons I want to go so overboard with my JK is just so people dont associate me with a 'stocker'. And now since some PDiddy jack off rapper/basketball player put $70000 in customizing a JK, every wanna-be is doing the same. Very Sad.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by akseminole
So, I've come to the conclusion that ppl who own jk's are being psychologically abusive to their jeep when they leave it stock and just drive it on pavement..

I live in Fairbanks Ak and there are more 4 dr jeeps driving around every day it seems. And 98 and 2/3rds percent of them are bone stock, I'm pretty sure that most of the drivers are women. I've never been returned a jeep wave by any of them(the ones driven by women). I see rubicons with mud tires wearing out on pavement and jeeps with huge blingin rims. It saddens me for the jeeps sake.

also, I think that people think that the 4dr jeep is the new hummer the way I see people mistreating their jeeps.

Oh well, just had to get that off my chest.
Maybe they dont wave because they know you're a complete tool.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Junkie

I actually am content with wheeling with my bone stock JK, but true I think its replaced the H3 that moms drive around a large majority of the 4 door drivers are indeed women with children. I've been waving to them and I got a couple to start waving back.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepjackal
IMO,, if you buy a wrangler,, leave it stock,, it's a waste of money,,, go buy a liberty if that's all you want is stock,,
Thats the way I think, why pay the extra amount then not use it except for an image projection, Im not saying beat the hell out of your 30 grand vehicle but use it for what it was designed for. I have a kid and cant afford to shell a t case or axles but also go through some heavy remote shit!! And then depend on the Jeep to get my wife to work.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepjackal
IMO,, if you buy a wrangler,, leave it stock,, it's a waste of money,,, go buy a liberty if that's all you want is stock,,
Liberty ain't a convertible.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Wow, who cares what other ppl do, what are we in high school here? Not everyone can afford to get a new jk then pile money into mods, so maybe it's stock till they save up money. My hats off to ppl that leave it stock because that suits their needs. Again who cares.

Quick Reply: Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically