Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically

Old 03-02-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO,, if you buy a wrangler,, leave it stock,, it's a waste of money,,, go buy a liberty if that's all you want is stock,,
Old 03-02-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

Okay so if I buy a mustang, camaro or corvette and I'm not driving it on a race track it's a waste???
Old 03-02-2011, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

ok,,here we go,,
buying a jeep,, its a hobby most of us hold sacred,, if you cant afford it,, then why waste the money,,
if you have a stang, vette, carmaro,, most people who have them,build them up,,nd im not talking about the crappy 6cyl, they put in them,,,
for example,,, i see a lot of jku's driving around my area,,bone stock sitting on 28's,,
looks like complete crap,, theyre top heavy for one,,,too big of a body for the small tires,,
and for the ones who say,, im not paying for it,,boo hoo,,, you chose the payments ,, not me,, if you cant afford the $400 plus payment plus insurance and fuel, then why would you put yourself in the situation,,

all im saying is that true jeepers wouldnt leave the jeep bone stock,, when i bought mine,, i had it sent out for the lift kit with 37's before i even drove it off the lot,,,
but hey,, what do i know,, not like i care what you drive or do with your money,,,
its not my worry
Old 03-02-2011, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by davidwm71
I'm glad there are so many people that buy Jeeps even though they don't offroad or mod them.

One reason is you can find some decent used vehicles that aren't beat to hell on the trail. And the second reason is that if only the people that mod them and offroad them bought them then they would sell alot less and a wrangler would be even more outrageously priced.
Mine was towed behind a motorhome.

So because of this retired "mall crawler" I got an essentially new 2008 JKU with 13,000 miles on the odometer and about 2500 worth of tires and wheels for 23K.

Not a bad price for any decent 2008 but with 13,000 miles - hell they just broke it in for me.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepjackal
IMO,, if you buy a wrangler,, leave it stock,, it's a waste of money,,, go buy a liberty if that's all you want is stock,,
It's your money not mine, but....

If I were to lift my JK to put on 40's...
and have to replace the entire drive train...
whether it be before or after I'd destroyed it due to the lift...
and got 10 MPG...
and no warranty...
That would be a waste of my money.

I don't care if you waste yours
Old 03-02-2011, 09:53 PM
JK Freak

Agreed. You can get a hemi in the Libery too!

I'll post this for truth.
Originally Posted by largo
Straight out I would think that it was because the stock JK is an ugly bugger. It sits low, seems like a whale on two small wheels, and just does not look good.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't see the big deal. If you don't want to mod your jeep then don't. Hell I got a 4.5" liftm,35's and it's a rubicon. I have yet to go rockcrawling with my jeep. So I guess its a mall crawler. I can't afford to break anything and not drive my jeep. Plus I don't want to go crawling untill I have it built to how I want it.

As for my wife. She drives a bone stock sahara. It will stay that way cause I spend te money on my jeep. Plus she hates getting in and out of mine. I've asked if she wants a lift and she doesn't want anything.

I guess at the end of all this who gives a shit it's not yours.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:14 AM
JK Super Freak

These threads are lame.

I wheel the piss out of mine and that's great. My bro lives in SD and uses his stock Sahara to go surfing with his kids. They love it with the top down.

Get a life and have fun. Don't waste time worrying about what other people do.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by akseminole
So, I've come to the conclusion that ppl who own jk's are being psychologically abusive to their jeep when they leave it stock and just drive it on pavement..
This is me!

However, I rarely go to the mall.

I'm leaving the Jeep Unlimited totally stock, using it as an everyday drive, and... I spray the tires with tire shine.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

ok,,here we go,,
buying a jeep,, its a hobby most of us hold sacred,, if you cant afford it,, then why waste the money,,
if you have a stang, vette, carmaro,, most people who have them,build them up,,nd im not talking about the crappy 6cyl, they put in them,,,
for example,,, i see a lot of jku's driving around my area,,bone stock sitting on 28's,,
looks like complete crap,, theyre top heavy for one,,,too big of a body for the small tires,,
and for the ones who say,, im not paying for it,,boo hoo,,, you chose the payments ,, not me,, if you cant afford the $400 plus payment plus insurance and fuel, then why would you put yourself in the situation,,

all im saying is that true jeepers wouldnt leave the jeep bone stock,, when i bought mine,, i had it sent out for the lift kit with 37's before i even drove it off the lot,,,
but hey,, what do i know,, not like i care what you drive or do with your money,,,
its not my worry
Dude, don't be a douche.

Quick Reply: Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically