Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically

Old 11-28-2011, 03:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just reading this thread on my lunch this morning.

Wow, very interesting
Old 11-28-2011, 04:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I work 7 days a week alot of the time,(oilfield usually runs 365 days) love having my Jk and it honestly sees more pavement than dirt, but thats just how it is, but guess im not a true Jeep owner lol I wheel when I can and put parts on when I can....im just giving.u a hard time man I understand what your saying, but who cares? Aslong as its a Jeep! But a lowered Jeep is just immoral
Old 11-28-2011, 05:09 AM
JK Super Freak

I am psychologically abusing my running shoes too.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Another oilfield mall crawler here.. long time resource user, first time poster. Just signed up yesterday. I must say I'm surprised by the heat this has generated. Alotta guys being pretty dang unJeeper-like.. Although my lift kit is sitting in the garage waiting patiently until I can afford my wheels. Those too will wait in the garage until I can afford rubber for them. My rescue green JKU Sahara is generally kept clean with minimal trail damage. To the unknowing passerby, it would appear a soccer mom rig with my University of Alabama sticker and my daughter's dance sticker. Truth is, with bills, a wife, a kid, two Jeeps (wife has a '10 Liberty), two dogs, and a "lovely" ex-wife with her hand out, the funds only support a slow build. But don't get me wrong I wheel the h3ll out of it when I can and continue to surprise people with it's stock capability. I do, however, see your point. It burns my britches to see a 70 year old woman driving a shiny new Rubi. I too am quick to assume she has no business in it and should have bought a Caddy. But what do I know. Maybe she wheels it like she stole it. I do know this, if someone like her hadn't bought my Jeep when it was new I wouldn't have gotten my loaded 07 in 09 with 13k miles on it for $18k drive out. Although I do regret trading my XJ... *sniffle* sure miss that 4.0 these days. It won't be long until mine's paid off then there will be more of a build budget. Until then, if I pass your rigged out, lifted JK on 35's, wave back, cuz I'll be the guy almost hitting a light pole drooling with the two finger wave.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with you to a certain extent, if you want a 4 door suv that your going to drive around town i don't think the wrangler would be very good as the mpgs suck, i would think there is a better option for them. However they are probably the people that keep jeep in business. I have a 4 door sahara but it sees the trails about 3-4 times a month. still stock as well but i don't have money to do anything as i'm young and have university to pay for right now for only a few months and then mods will begin. So you can't always complain that people leave them stock. Trust me some people that have them stock want more than ever to get that lift and tires and bumpers on so they can go further and further down the trail
Old 11-28-2011, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

When you buy it and make the payments then you can have a say. Until then you don't. Unbelievable some think they have some kind of higher right. Everyone is different. This is what makes things interesting. There are a lot of Jeeps I love to look at and appreciate but would never own myself.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

bump for entertainment for all!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

My jeep has only been offroad once. Its always spotless, and it is definitely not stock. I bought it partly because I dont like the idea of ever getting stuck at home during snow days but mainly because I like the ruggedness and the fact its convertible. I would LOVE for someone to tell me face to face I drive a mall crawler lol.

Saying a jeep isnt a real jeep unless you wheel it is like saying a gun for personal protection isnt a real gun until you kill someone with it lol. Sometimes the capability not the action defines what it is.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bnizzle
bump for entertainment for all!
Bnizzle...thanks for bumping. I'm stuck in the waiting area at the stealership with just christmas music on their PA system and some dumb shit program Nate Berkus on the f'n tv so this thread and JKF is giving me some decent entertainment.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by indyjeep
My jeep has only been offroad once. Its always spotless, and it is definitely not stock. I bought it partly because I dont like the idea of ever getting stuck at home during snow days but mainly because I like the ruggedness and the fact its convertible. I would LOVE for someone to tell me face to face I drive a mall crawler lol.

Saying a jeep isnt a real jeep unless you wheel it is like saying a gun for personal protection isnt a real gun until you kill someone with it lol. Sometimes the capability not the action defines what it is.
Well stated... I bought mine for exactly the same reasons.

Quick Reply: Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically