Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically

Old 06-18-2011, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KJNewbs
LOL... I'm with Bacon. If every Jeep was beat to a pulp right off the line, we would have no doner vehicles to fix our broken soldiers! Though I am reluctant on the Jeep wave these days....because many folk have no idea what it means. If I see big tires or a CB antenna....then it's go time!
Now I own a 4 door but have had several antennas broken or stolen. The 4 door permits me the option of a 48" firestick inside my jeep free from thieves and vandals.

Not waving because you may not get one back make you worse than the mall crawler. They don't know better, you do.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hi from Sweden, Europe

There are alot of Suvs in the big towns in Europe that do not any wheeling, just mall crawling.

There are a lot of discussions to forbid and add heavy taxes on all Suvs because mall crawlers do not need offroad vehicles with big engines to drive around towns and shop.

There were some discussions to forbid all suvs in Paris.

Some enviromental groups have damaged suvs when they see them.

So mall crawlers do some damage for us because they drive around in town and agrivate people because people no that they do not need that kind of car in town.

When I get my Wrangler 2012 I have to pay about 1000 dollars a year in tax even if I do not drive it. I will be punished with heavy taxes because some buys heavy 4x4 and drive in town and agrivate people.

I have to heavely defend for people that a need a 4x4 with such big engine as I am a naturephotographer and needs to drive through mud and snow. My friend told me that he would never buy a car like that because he would be so ashamed to own a such not enviromental vehicle like the wrangler.

Today i drive a Suzuki Jimny with a 1.3 liters engine.

And if it hasent been for the mallcrawlers Wrangler would probably be much more expensive.

The sad thing is that Wrangler is going from a offroad vehicle to looking like more like a sportcar with chrome, painted roof and other soft things.

Jeep has forgeting its heritage, military vehicle. I want a military style wrangler with flat green color, black rims as a nature photographer.

Best regards from Sweden

Omar Brännström

Last edited by Omar Brannstrom; 06-18-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hi

I have to ad, partly because mall crawlers drive 4x4 vehicles with aggresive thread patterns (offroad tyres) in towns that make more sound than normal tyre pattern the European comunity?? I think is or have forbidden and will forbidd offroad tires for all because the make more sound.

So if SUVS were only wheeling outside town where the belong it would not agrivate people that they have bigger engines because we need more torque and aggressiv thread patterns on our tyres that makes more noise.

People would not notice us in the bush

So in the future (maybe now) it will probably be problematic to find agressive offroad tyres, because the will be forbidden because mall crawlers sound pollute the towns

I think approved tyres need to be marked with a (s) silent?

For instance the Rubicon in Europe do not have mud/terrain tyres.

Best regards from Sweden

Omar Brännström
Old 06-18-2011, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by akseminole
So, I've come to the conclusion that ppl who own jk's are being psychologically abusive to their jeep when they leave it stock and just drive it on pavement..

I live in Fairbanks Ak and there are more 4 dr jeeps driving around every day it seems. And 98 and 2/3rds percent of them are bone stock, I'm pretty sure that most of the drivers are women. I've never been returned a jeep wave by any of them(the ones driven by women). I see rubicons with mud tires wearing out on pavement and jeeps with huge blingin rims. It saddens me for the jeeps sake.

also, I think that people think that the 4dr jeep is the new hummer the way I see people mistreating their jeeps.

Oh well, just had to get that off my chest.
I hate waving and not getting it back I'm n anchorage and I have been stood up by stock jk all the time but jeep runs deep and I won't stop wavn
Old 06-18-2011, 09:02 AM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Brainwashed

Originally Posted by Omar Brannstrom
Hi from Sweden, Europe

There are alot of Suvs in the big towns in Europe that do not any wheeling, just mall crawling.

There are a lot of discussions to forbid and add heavy taxes on all Suvs because mall crawlers do not need offroad vehicles with big engines to drive around towns and shop.

There were some discussions to forbid all suvs in Paris.

Some enviromental groups have damaged suvs when they see them.

So mall crawlers do some damage for us because they drive around in town and agrivate people because people no that they do not need that kind of car in town.

When I get my Wrangler 2012 I have to pay about 1000 dollars a year in tax even if I do not drive it. I will be punished with heavy taxes because some buys heavy 4x4 and drive in town and agrivate people.

I have to heavely defend for people that a need a 4x4 with such big engine as I am a naturephotographer and needs to drive through mud and snow. My friend told me that he would never buy a car like that because he would be so ashamed to own a such not enviromental vehicle like the wrangler.

Today i drive a Suzuki Jimny with a 1.3 liters engine.

And if it hasent been for the mallcrawlers Wrangler would probably be much more expensive.

The sad thing is that Wrangler is going from a offroad vehicle to looking like more like a sportcar with chrome, painted roof and other soft things.

Jeep has forgeting its heritage, military vehicle. I want a military style wrangler with flat green color, black rims as a nature photographer.

Best regards from Sweden

Omar Brännström

Hi Omar

I'm afraid Govts are brainwashing people into thinking a 4x4 is killing the planet, just so they can justify the Co2 taxes they levy and need because they are all broke.
There's more Co2 produced just making the vehicle than comes out its tail pipe in its ownership. They're better off telling people to stop buying new cars, but that'll never happen as they need the tax off the sale also.
If it wasn't for the fuel taxes they'd most likely have to increase income tax 2 fold.
Imagine the riots
If these so called environ 'mental' ists won the lottery they'd be staight out buying a gas guzzler.
Gona stop here..... RLT
Old 06-18-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why should anyone even care what you choose to do with your own Jeep? It's your Jeep, no one else's.... Just drive it and have fun, on the pavement or off. The evironmentalists should go find some real issues.

Last edited by Runewolf1973; 06-18-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by akseminole
So, I've come to the conclusion that ppl who own jk's are being psychologically abusive to their jeep when they leave it stock and just drive it on pavement..

I live in Fairbanks Ak and there are more 4 dr jeeps driving around every day it seems. And 98 and 2/3rds percent of them are bone stock, I'm pretty sure that most of the drivers are women. I've never been returned a jeep wave by any of them(the ones driven by women). I see rubicons with mud tires wearing out on pavement and jeeps with huge blingin rims. It saddens me for the jeeps sake.

also, I think that people think that the 4dr jeep is the new hummer the way I see people mistreating their jeeps.

Oh well, just had to get that off my chest.
How bored are you???
are you butt hurt cause you dont get a wave? poor baby , cry it out, it might help.
Sorry i dont have that extra mill to make a monster offroad wrangler and have my lambo dailey driver... i had a budget and wanted a wrangler as my DD. i doubly i need to apologize to anyone for that. for even making that stupid thread just makes you dumber... just saying..
Old 06-18-2011, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

i dont see how your abusing a jeep by leavin it stock, the jeep was born that way and it hasnt known any different,....sooooo theoretically its not "upst
Old 11-13-2011, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 2012 jku and my jeep is stock because i am a college student with no money :/ but ive gotten it stuck! And look for every chance to take it off road! I have an old cj-7 for crawlin on rocks!!! But sadly it is broken for now.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Whateva! Whateva! I do what I want!!!

I'm a woman, I drive a jeep, I wave, it rides on pavement, it crawls on rocks, it plays in mud aaaaannnddd I don't have to prove shit to anyone and neither does my JEEP!!!

Jeep girls like it topless and dirty!!!!

Quick Reply: Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically