Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically

Old 04-02-2011, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL... I'm with Bacon. If every Jeep was beat to a pulp right off the line, we would have no doner vehicles to fix our broken soldiers! Though I am reluctant on the Jeep wave these days....because many folk have no idea what it means. If I see big tires or a CB antenna....then it's go time!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RockRash34
well all I can say about my Jeep is that she throws a tantrums if I don't take her out every once in a while....
...it takes a lot more effort to keep a Jeep looking good for 20+ years than to keep it for 7 and trade it for the next new model so who is causing the physiological damage on that one when u throw ur Jeep away for the next hottest thing out?
good point well made...mine is a keeper...
i can't afford to EVER trade my baby in...
wouldn't want to neither...

edit...love that 'popcorn dude' above ...
Old 04-07-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by akseminole
So, I've come to the conclusion that ppl who own jk's are being psychologically abusive to their jeep when they leave it stock and just drive it on pavement..

I live in Fairbanks Ak and there are more 4 dr jeeps driving around every day it seems. And 98 and 2/3rds percent of them are bone stock, I'm pretty sure that most of the drivers are women. I've never been returned a jeep wave by any of them(the ones driven by women). I see rubicons with mud tires wearing out on pavement and jeeps with huge blingin rims. It saddens me for the jeeps sake.

also, I think that people think that the 4dr jeep is the new hummer the way I see people mistreating their jeeps.

Oh well, just had to get that off my chest.
Very few people in Arkansas return the wave
Old 04-07-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

i agree with most of the people on here, its there jeep they should be allowed to do whatever they want with it. Would i love to go wheeling more? hell yes, do i have the time? not really.

I have flat fenders, snorkel, and 35s. i do off road my jeep but seeing how it is brand new, i plan on keeping it for awhile and not tearing through the woods beating the hell out of it. if that makes me a mall crawler so be it.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

can you imagine what the land would look like and how crowded it would be if we all modded our jeeps and off roaded regularly? I think tread lightly would have a cardiac arrest.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I rather see a STOCK Jeep than...

... a Jeep modified for looks alone. I will never forget how self concious I felt going on a run in my 2 week old JK with 12 other highly modded Jeeps. All of them had bumpers and lifts, ect. and made me feel like a real noob. Then when we hit the trail it turned out that I was the only one who actually had even wheeled before!

If you dont fully flex your suspension, or rub your tires- you dont need a lift. If you don't ride off-road at night, you dont need a bunch of lights. If you dont go off road, you dont need a winch or bumper.

So if you see a stock JK out on the trail, give that owner props. They are finding the limits of an INCREDIBLY capable trail rig. Just my $0.02
Old 04-08-2011, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Bone stock and having a blast on and off road ... with all 4 of my doors, or without them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ruben Ravine..jpg
Views:	183
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	147681   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00114..jpg
Views:	177
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	147682  
Old 05-12-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Freak

my jeep is a 4 door. call it what you want. i have 3 kids (in booster seats) and a wife who actually likes spending time with me and riding topless. i would love to have a rubicon with 6" of lift, running 35's with a big winch and talk about how i take my 30+ thousand dollar rig and beat the s$&t out of it but with a stay at home wife(better than daycare) , 4yr old twin boys, 8yr old daughter, cheerleading, baseball, dance, preschool, 12hour rotating shifts, family time, plus mortgage and bills think my stocker looks pretty dang good! plus to my kids i'm the cool dad who drives a jeep and in the end thats all that matters what they think.

Last edited by jjntj2003; 05-12-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jjntj2003
my jeep is a 4 door. call it what you want. i have 3 kids (in booster seats) and a wife who actually likes spending time with me and riding topless. i would love to have a rubicon with 6" of lift, running 35's with a big winch and talk about how i take my 30+ thousand dollar rig and beat the s$&t out of it but with a stay at home wife(better than daycare) , 4yr old twin boys, 8yr old daughter, cheerleading, baseball, dance, preschool, 12hour rotating shifts, family time, plus mortgage and bills think my stocker looks pretty dang good! plus to my kids i'm the cool dad who drives a jeep and in the end thats all that matters what they think.
Amen brother!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by El Zorro
Bone stock and having a blast on and off road ... with all 4 of my doors, or without them.
What he said!

Quick Reply: Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically