Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically

Old 03-29-2011, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
just because I own a JeeP and choose not to beat the hell out of them anymore on the trail doesnt not make me any less of a Jeeper nor does it appear to hurt my Jeep...

Likewise when I wheeled the hell outts my first couple TJ's, it didnt seem to hurt my Jeep either.. and it didnt make me any less or more of a Jeeper....

the REAL fact of life truth be told is that those Jeeps only streeted are what allows the rest that wheel to be able to do so...

if only wheelers bought them, the Jeep would be along the lines of discontinued vehicles long ago....

-Christopher
Come on, this thread is obviously Meant as humor. Just enjoy it. Or get a life.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4 doors rule. No, 2 doors rule. No, you don't drive your Jeep properly. No, I'm more of a Jeeper because I have more mods. No, you drove your Jeep to the grocery store so you shouldn't own it. No, mine is Yellow so I'm a real Jeeper. No, I've owned 23 Jeeps so I'm a real Jeeper. No, I know Dave at Northridge so I'm a real Jeeper. (that one might be true)No, I carry a bigger gun in my Jeep so...

SHUT UP!!!!!!!

Go drive YOUR jeep any way and any where YOU want to!!!!!!!

I yelled louder, so I'm a real Jeeper

(sorry for the "shut up". not very polite, I know)
Old 03-29-2011, 03:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a quite interesting thread. There were more justifications than I could count and more "my opinion is right" statements too.

People drive jeeps for different reasons. People buy cars for different reasons. Some people have more money than others to spend on their jeeps and some have more money and choose to spend it on other things!

Thank goodness for the desire for people to own jeeps. Otherwise the JK and JKU would have never been built. I've owned CJs, YJs and TJs. I like my JK best. I don't care what you do or don't do to your jeep.

What I care about is the number of people who think they know something about offroading when they don't. Get educated and get the facts so you understand things before spouting off.

This was a great read and a funny thread.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

I like tater tots!
Old 03-29-2011, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Gernick
I like tater tots!
How do you like them?
Old 03-29-2011, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

Like tater tots!
Old 03-29-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bingote

How do you like them?
In my pocket.... Their warm there. Get your own tots!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll admit that I bought my Jeep with little intention of going off-road with it, I'm also 21 and its my first new car so its basically like my baby. It replaced my 03' Dodge Ram which I used to shuttle my dirt bikes back and forth to the tracks; since I'm in college now, I dont really race anymore so the truck had to go, but I still wanted a capable vehicle, aka Jeep. In an ideal world, my Jeep would be completely modded, but my pockets are only so deep, and I can't afford to be wheeling the shit out of it and having to replace parts when I'm going to be depending on this to get me to work and back after I graduate. Anyway, I love Jeeps, which is why I bought it and I think thats all that should really matter.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by slinky
I'll admit that I bought my Jeep with little intention of going off-road with it, I'm also 21 and its my first new car so its basically like my baby. It replaced my 03' Dodge Ram which I used to shuttle my dirt bikes back and forth to the tracks; since I'm in college now, I dont really race anymore so the truck had to go, but I still wanted a capable vehicle, aka Jeep. In an ideal world, my Jeep would be completely modded, but my pockets are only so deep, and I can't afford to be wheeling the shit out of it and having to replace parts when I'm going to be depending on this to get me to work and back after I graduate. Anyway, I love Jeeps, which is why I bought it and I think thats all that should really matter.
Oh crap! Here come the "car" comments!!! LOL!!!
I hear you though, I'm a few years older than you, but the cost of repairs could still hurt if I messed up my JK. It won't stop me, but it does linger in the back of my mind. I guess there is a cost to any hobby.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orangeav
Oh crap! Here come the "car" comments!!! LOL!!!
I hear you though, I'm a few years older than you, but the cost of repairs could still hurt if I messed up my JK. It won't stop me, but it does linger in the back of my mind. I guess there is a cost to any hobby.
Yeah, I'm hoping I could land a decent job as an architect once I graduate and get licensed, and actually afford to keep my Jeep once it's paid off, mod it, and buy a decent car as a daily driver.

Quick Reply: Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically