Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically

Old 09-26-2010, 01:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically

So, I've come to the conclusion that ppl who own jk's are being psychologically abusive to their jeep when they leave it stock and just drive it on pavement..

I live in Fairbanks Ak and there are more 4 dr jeeps driving around every day it seems. And 98 and 2/3rds percent of them are bone stock, I'm pretty sure that most of the drivers are women. I've never been returned a jeep wave by any of them(the ones driven by women). I see rubicons with mud tires wearing out on pavement and jeeps with huge blingin rims. It saddens me for the jeeps sake.

also, I think that people think that the 4dr jeep is the new hummer the way I see people mistreating their jeeps.

Oh well, just had to get that off my chest.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

just because I own a JeeP and choose not to beat the hell out of them anymore on the trail doesnt not make me any less of a Jeeper nor does it appear to hurt my Jeep...

Likewise when I wheeled the hell outts my first couple TJ's, it didnt seem to hurt my Jeep either.. and it didnt make me any less or more of a Jeeper....

the REAL fact of life truth be told is that those Jeeps only streeted are what allows the rest that wheel to be able to do so...

if only wheelers bought them, the Jeep would be along the lines of discontinued vehicles long ago....

-Christopher
Old 09-26-2010, 05:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I totally agree with you, but then i'm not a fan of the 4 door, to me it should never have been called a wrangler. My sister in law has a 4 door that is wearing away on the pavement so i put a decal on her windshield to remind her what she is supposed to do with a jeep, it doesn't work. Now my jk on the other hand likes to swim and get dirty the way that things were intended. (edit for rnjstel: I have no idea where I first saw the pavement princess decal, saw it many years ago and remembered it and thought it would fit my sister in laws jeep perfectly. had it made up locally, amazing how close the 2 actually look. cheers.)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Front bumper 004..jpg
Views:	1135
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	90856   Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Snorkel 018..jpg
Views:	1049
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	90857   Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Snorkel 017..jpg
Views:	1004
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	90858   Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Snorkel 023..jpg
Views:	1056
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	90859   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pavement Princess..jpg
Views:	2337
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	90860  

Last edited by Mariner; 03-03-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Meh, to each their own. I'm not making their payments so I have no right to really tell anyone what to do with their ride.

Now, granted I might laugh my ass off at some of them, since those are the ones who want to give off the "rugged outdoorsy" vehicle persona. You know them when you see them.

The others, hey the vehicle just suits their needs as a pavement vehicle. Not every vehicle rolling off the line from Toledo is lucky enough to live a life of adventure. I have actually considered getting a 2nd JK, being an Unlimited with a dual top, trying to keep it stock (well trying at least) and using it as an actual road/car/SUV type vehicle.

Don't ever forget if it wasn't for those Pavement Princesses, we'd be screwed. Wrangler would be a fading memory as a vehicle platform. Even the team a t Chrysler who developed the original Rubicon was the uber-small amount of vehicle engineers who wheeled. They took so much internal shit for developing it, it's amazing it ever saw the light of day in production.

More importantly to the poster above, where did you get or see the "Pavement Princess/Jeep Shit" decal???

I almost died laughing when I saw it. That saying popped in my head about two years ago and had it made up by our friend who is a sign maker. Did you happen to see ours or, is it some sort of cool Karma? I fricking love it.

What caused it was my Sister-In-Law's Unlimited too and for a way to bust her balls when we were parked close to her. She showed up with it and then started to add absolutley worthless stupid shit. I gave he my take off KM-2's, then she had to get an "evap skid" "air dam skid" and just other silly poser shit.

Realize her Jeep's "Epic Wheeling" is going to Wal-Mart in the snow to buy underwear. We had her come one time with us, just on basic green simple trails and my wife had to drive her jeep since she freaked!

Old 09-26-2010, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't understand why it upsets people what other people do to with their vehicle. You don't make the payment. I bought my jeep to go offroad, but that doesn't mean everyone did.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

Not everyone that buys a Mustang gets the GT. Not everyone that buys a Corvette goes over 65mph. Not everyone that buys the large 3500 series pick-up hauls 20,000lbs worth of stuff every day. Not everyone that buys a full sized SUV has a large family. Not everyone that buys a Prius goes the speed limit [it's funny seeing them speeding on the interstate, kind of defeats the purpose of that car].
Old 09-26-2010, 11:04 AM
JK Freak

MY JK is my DD, you know work, grocery shopping, seeing friend you get the picture so I drive on pavement 95% of the time. I also added a front bumper and a winch, pretty sure I get the poser tag a lot. But I do wave and when I show up on the trail you know what comment I get from other offroader ? your jeep is to new to be put up on the trail.
So it pretty funny to see peoples on the trail think a new jeep belong on the street and peoples on the street think the jeep belong on the trail, as for my part I think the Jeep belong where you want to go.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad there are so many people that buy Jeeps even though they don't offroad or mod them.

One reason is you can find some decent used vehicles that aren't beat to hell on the trail. And the second reason is that if only the people that mod them and offroad them bought them then they would sell alot less and a wrangler would be even more outrageously priced.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

People only have so much money. There are these things called bills. House payments, a new roof, doctor bills, kids. If I had no bills I'd be modding the jeep for sure. So ur saying that cause I can't afford to do it that I'm a pavement princess? Go with the best stock rig and do what you can. Mommy and Daddy pay for your mods?
Old 09-26-2010, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I personally like that so many ppl buy Jeeps, and never take them offroad. I was able to pick up my "high mileage" JK (89,000km) this summer for about $15,00 less than it cost when new back in 2007. the only scratches on it were on the rear flares from the previous owner's kids getting in and out. skids underneath? not a scratch. engine bay? no mud. wheels? no rock rash. soft top windows? no scratches. paint on the sides? no pinstriping. fortunately, I've fixed all those issues since I bought it.

three beers for the soccer mom mall crawlers!!

Quick Reply: Mall crawler owners are abusing their jeeps psychologically