Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Made in the U.S.A.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hell yes i buy american. sure most of the time it might cost more but not always, i went to get new work boots the other day. told the salesman they had to be American Made, he showed me some black carolina boots, the boots looked good, i told him i liked them but wished he had them in brown, i was happy when he said "I DO" i looked at the brown ones that had some glue stuck to the sides on the leather and noticed the "Made in china" label. I got the black ones not because of the glue hell there work boots their gonna get dirty. I bought them because they keep an American working. This is the trend. A quality company makes things, then relocates overseas or south of the border. Another example is Carhart, they made winter work wear right here in the US. They had high quality products but were real expensive, People blammed the high cost on the Union, Now they are 100% mexican made. But did the price go down nope just the quality.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

Default Build america with american made products!!!

i dont mind paying a little extra for USA made products. you get what you pay for and your supporting your homeland. whats better than that?!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:37 PM
JK Freak

Matters to me. I found a new rock slider fabricator this week and asked whether or not they were made in the USA or not. They are...I will buy. Made in China is a rip off...same price....inferior quality...less working Americans.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:35 PM
JK Freak

Default Thank you!

I want to thank all of you who look to buy American! I know that with the current economy it's hard to pay more for anything, but keeping jobs in the USA is critical to the survival of USA... Not everyone can be CEO of a multi-billion dollar company or work at McDonalds... WE MUST HAVE PRODUCTION!

Please support Americans by buying AMERICAN! This is not a UNION issue. It's an AMERICAN issue....
Old 09-25-2010, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKCliff
I want to thank all of you who look to buy American! I know that with the current economy it's hard to pay more for anything, but keeping jobs in the USA is critical to the survival of USA... Not everyone can be CEO of a multi-billion dollar company or work at McDonalds... WE MUST HAVE PRODUCTION!

Please support Americans by buying AMERICAN! This is not a UNION issue. It's an AMERICAN issue....
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
-George Orwell

You and George Rock Brotha!!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:49 PM
JK Freak

DONT SPREAD MY WEALTH- SPREAD MY WORK ETHIC

This quote is worth spreading... If everyone were to grab the rope and pull, no one would be strained. When did welfare become a career option?
Old 09-26-2010, 05:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do conciously look to see where a product is made before buying, however I am more inclined to buy non union produced products, unfortunatly some times we have no choice my jeep for example definitly not a quality product, but I wanted one and it is union made, heck the union employees even drink and do drugs on their breaks. non union products have to be better because employers do not have to keep employees that are not capable of work. just my opinion but US and Canadian made are important.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

I guess you think the Union members working at Jeep design the jeep, ya go ahead and blame the Union for putting a mini van motor in it, You got to remember supervisors and executives are not union.

Quick Reply: Made in the U.S.A.