Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Made in the U.S.A.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
hard to believe our government allows this to happen.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Half you flag should be Chinese don't they own the great USA now. I just got back from 3 weeks in Hawaii and the place is sick. I've never seen so many street people sleeping in parks. I have been visiting Hawaii every 2 years since 1986.

You guys have to stop this dealing with China and manufacture back in America as there will be no jobs for your children.

Last edited by kiwi; 09-07-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:55 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKCliff
...I personally go out of my way to find where things are manufactured. I have and will walk away from hecho en mexico or china products. I want American Citizens employed. We can not survive on being a 'service oriented' country...
This is a point I think most people often miss. Manufacturing once was the pride of this country, but no more. What happens when we don't have manufacturing capacity any more and we get into a world-wide war where China is on the opposite side or wants to stay out of it? We're screwed, because we don't have capacity to manufacture at the level we need for that scope of conflict. What's more we won't have the machinery or expertise to try to build up to that level.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKCliff
I'm sorry you lost your job. I'm also sorry that you're a lazy individual. Unions need to ensure their members do the quality job that warrants the protections they have and police their own. It's also time that those who do not measure up be relegated to the poverty they deserve. Not everyone can live comfortable and those who do not work hard shouldn't complain about their lot in life.

It's sad that Americans are so dispassioned at the prospect of our nation dying.... Not all unions are bad. Similar to other categories/groups it only takes a few to taint the group...

Many of the items available for the Jeep and manufactured here in the U.S.A. are from small shops/operations that are neither union, nor large enough to out source their manufacturing to china or mexico.

Well what do you expect when I'm going right from high school graduating 5 from the end of 466 students and it didn't take jack shit to make $30+ an hour??? Your damn right I was a dumb ass back then. I was a lazy dumb ass making $30 bucks an hour. It doesn't take passion or pride or desire to build parts dude. It takes being a Union member to make $30. If you've got at least 1 arm, can feed yourself and have a family member in a union... you can make $30 hr.

Now after giving up years of my life for my medical degree only to make less now than when I was a lazy dumb ass do you think that makes any sense?

Think about what I'm saying, because I wasn't the only one half assing and cutting corners. We had guys bragging about their rigging jobs to get a part through inspection. You might be helping the economy but don't think you are buying quality parts. I'm not saying imported parts are any better either.

Last edited by WranglerJoe; 09-08-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

I always try to purchase made in the USA when ever possible. Especially with anything made out of metal. Unfortunatly it isn't always possible. I recently purchased the spydertrex wheel spacers because they are made in the USA.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:20 AM
JK Junkie

Default Made in the U.S.A.

It comes down to the product for me, if I like it and it works I'll buy it. If it's made here then that's a big plus but if it isn't then I'll try and find something comparable but if I can then I'm going to but it either way. I'm sorry but I've had plenty of made in the USA products that have had shitty quality as well as made over seas. In the end it's my money and I'm going to spend it how I want to.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

"American union pukes sucking the lifeblood from this country."

Like the ones that built your Jeep?

I try to buy American made products whenever possible. I'm a "union puke" and proud of it.

Last edited by Max172; 09-26-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Max172
"American union pukes sucking the lifeblood from this country."

Like the ones that built your Jeep?

I try to American made products whenever possible. I'm a "union puke" and proud of it.
Your Jeep was "assembled in USA" using parts built in other countries.

and YES I try to buy made in Canada and made in USA products
Old 09-13-2010, 02:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Sorry, but while I do try and buy American when I can, I am not happy with some of the build quality I get.

My Jeep is a prime example. So far I have had to replace the engine, fix my ECU, replace my fan motor, replace bolts that have fallen out (not suspension related), replace my turn signal switch due to a short, and right now I have a leak in my intake manifold. My jeep only has 40k miles on it! This is the first time I have ever had a vehicle with this many problems. I have owned imports and American cars and consistently, the imports out perform my American cars in terms of maintenance. I had my KIA for 170k miles. Out side of changing tires and brakes I have had no other issues... and I consider my KIA to be a cheap piece of $hit.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Well.....some of the things we talked about in this thread in regards to Unions and American auto workers just broke in a Fox news story.

Watch this video...it will make you sick to your stomach.
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ed_20100923_dk

Don't even think this is an isolated incident either. My wife works as a cashier at a party store which is located near a GM auto plant and she tells me that a lot of their business comes from workers from the GM plant coming to buy beer on their lunch hours. She says they buy cases and tell her to put it in paper bags and they take the stuff inside the plant.

The fact that the Unions protect these guys makes me ashamed to be American.

Last edited by Rednroll; 09-23-2010 at 05:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Made in the U.S.A.