Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

made some dealer calls today....

Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default made some dealer calls today....

Im considering trading my 07 unlimited X for an 09 2 door Rubi so i made a few calls today to inquire on pricing. I called 3 different dealers that are in my area and this is what I came up with. For a 2 door rubi with half doors, tow pkg, tinted glass, and manuel transmission the best price I could get over the phone is $27,854 for ordering a new one. Think I can get them down any more?

Also one of the dealers wouldnt give me a price quote on ordering a new one because "when they start operating the factorys again they will be making the 2010s and i dont have the pricing yet for those." Anyone know if this is true or not? Only thing I could find online about it said they will be starting up again the end of this month, making 09s for a few weeks, then switching over to the 2010 model.

If I do get end up getting one I almost HAVE to order because i want half doors. I've looked all over the net and have only found one rubicon with half doors and that was in Omaha NE. guess I'll be waiting awhile...
Old 06-16-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did not order mine (found it on the lot) but my 09 unlimited rubicon with half doors (6spd) and every option you could get with them except the engine block heater was 26.5 including tax title and tags on January 1st this year.

The timing sounds about right with what the dealers are suggesting concerning model years. The plant usually closes in July and they start making the next model year when they come back.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thehaf
Im considering trading my 07 unlimited X for an 09 2 door Rubi so i made a few calls today to inquire on pricing. I called 3 different dealers that are in my area and this is what I came up with. For a 2 door rubi with half doors, tow pkg, tinted glass, and manuel transmission the best price I could get over the phone is $27,854 for ordering a new one. Think I can get them down any more?

Also one of the dealers wouldnt give me a price quote on ordering a new one because "when they start operating the factorys again they will be making the 2010s and i dont have the pricing yet for those." Anyone know if this is true or not? Only thing I could find online about it said they will be starting up again the end of this month, making 09s for a few weeks, then switching over to the 2010 model.

If I do get end up getting one I almost HAVE to order because i want half doors. I've looked all over the net and have only found one rubicon with half doors and that was in Omaha NE. guess I'll be waiting awhile...
I'd be inclined to believe that's the most honest answer you got.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was at a dealer lasted Friday and he told me that they stopped production of the jks to drive the demand (the price) back up. He also said they werent going to start production again until the end of july. So I would think they are only going to make 2010's when they start up again.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saltman
I did not order mine (found it on the lot) but my 09 unlimited rubicon with half doors (6spd) and every option you could get with them except the engine block heater was 26.5 including tax title and tags on January 1st this year.

The timing sounds about right with what the dealers are suggesting concerning model years. The plant usually closes in July and they start making the next model year when they come back.
Ya that was when they had employee pricing though...unfortunatly ive been stuck in afghanistan all year and missed out on those steals
Old 06-16-2009, 10:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is true. I also worked on them for a 3 weeks to get it at that price and drove a little over 4 hours to get it. (I normally don't haggle so much but I HAD to have the half doors and that was the only one around.)

I think with ordering one your negotiating power is gone. I did that for my first JK because they weren't making deals back in 07 anyway. I think the price you referenced is pretty good with all things considered.

I would put up with whatever to get the half doors though. They are worth all the headache.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Ya that was when they had employee pricing though...unfortunatly ive been stuck in afghanistan all year and missed out on those steals

Military discount? I assume you are by this comment, I think they give those.

Thanks for your service.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:11 AM
JK Freak

Umm, they didn't have a choice in stopping production, Chrysler closed down ALL their production factories due to the bankruptcy proceedings. The first batch that will come off the plant floor should still be 09's to fulfill orders placed by dealerships prior to shutdown. Once the orders are completed then they'll switch to the 10 models(?) if there's any change at all. It's all part of the out with the old Diamler-Chrysler and in with the new Fiat-Chrysler.

As for pricing it does look like all bets are off on any discounts at this point. Case in point I received the obligatory valued customer letter from Chrysler offering a $1K discount on the purchase of a new vehicle with exemptions including the JK as well as several other models. The only discount they'll make will be to get you in the vehicle with maybe a couple of extra add ons, i.e. tinted glass, exterior pinstriping, anything done by the dealership itself, etc...
Old 06-16-2009, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Contacted the dealer in NE that has one to see if they would trade to another dealer...that was a no go. But he wants to know how we can make it work for me.....hmmmm what would it take to make it worth 32 hours worth of driving (round trip)....
Old 06-16-2009, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Contacted the dealer in NE that has one to see if they would trade to another dealer...that was a no go. But he wants to know how we can make it work for me.....hmmmm what would it take to make it worth 32 hours worth of driving (round trip)....
Fly there and drive it back.