Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

MA side Mirror Laws (how strict)

Old 08-03-2012, 03:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MA side Mirror Laws (how strict)

hey how strict is the law here in MA. Took my front doors off for the first time today and im take a trip up to umass to show my girlfriends sister the campus. What are the chances I get pulled over? Can you get a cheep mirror system at autozone or something?
Old 08-03-2012, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

i've driven doorless jeeps in ma for the past 15 years - never had an issue. if you feel the need to cover yourself go to walmart and get small circular rv mirrors (i got a pair for 3 bucks) put some velcro on them and some verlcro on your outside a/c vents and presto - side view mirrors if you really want them
Old 08-03-2012, 04:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Huckleberryjeep
i've driven doorless jeeps in ma for the past 15 years - never had an issue. if you feel the need to cover yourself go to walmart and get small circular rv mirrors (i got a pair for 3 bucks) put some velcro on them and some verlcro on your outside a/c vents and presto - side view mirrors if you really want them
Nope that's just the kind of story I wanted to hear, I feel fine driving without them just wanted to make sure you don't run into a ton of trouble. Now hopefully the weather holds out tonorrow
Old 08-03-2012, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the fine of driving without mirrors? Is it violation of inspection laws? Or just a notice to fix the inspection violation before "x"amount of days ?
Old 08-03-2012, 05:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Tdecristofaro_7907
What is the fine of driving without mirrors? Is it violation of inspection laws? Or just a notice to fix the inspection violation before "x"amount of days ?
I think it's a moving violation (I e it goes on ur insurance) that's what I've always heard but I'm not sure
Old 08-03-2012, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

I figured the ticket was going to be as much as getting the mirrors, so I just got the rugged ridge mirrors and put them on when I go doorless.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm not against buying them they are cheap, but I decided to pull the doors off last minute so I won't have them for the weekend
Old 08-03-2012, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jknit

I think it's a moving violation (I e it goes on ur insurance) that's what I've always heard but I'm not sure
Yeah I know this is a big topic when going doorless, was just wondering if anyone actually knew the consequence of getting stopped? Also I haven't heard many stories about people actually being pulled over for no mirrors
Old 08-03-2012, 08:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably wouldn't get pulled over for the sole reason of no mirrors. Seems like its more likely to be tacked on if you were speeding, ran a stop sign, etc.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Ma. mirror law reguires 1 rear view mirror and 1 left side mirror. You'll end up with a fix it ticket if you get pulled over. Wal-Mart has 2" mirrors that can be stuck on to your air vents that are real cheap. I myself will go for saftey... so I have the die-tech mirror brackets that use the standard mirror cause I like to see whats on the right side when I'm on a 3 lane highway, and besides they don't shake or vibrate.

Quick Reply: MA side Mirror Laws (how strict)