Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

M101 Trailer info needed

Old 07-11-2008, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the looks of the M100 and M416. I was coinsidering getting the 3/4 ton M101A1 (i think ) as there is one for sale here , but it might be too big.

No just to find one local in the right shape for the right price.

My wife is going to start really hating this site.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ghostship
Yep, nice looking trailer. Yes, you can yank those fenders off and replace them if you want without too much trouble at all. Another common mod to allow for larger tires is to do a Spring Over Axle. It's really easy, just disconnecting the axle from the spring perches, flipping it around and re-attaching it under the perches, then extending the emergency brake cable attachment if necessary.
These are really fun to mod to fit your needs perfectly, and they're great for towing behind for JK. Congrats, enjoy!
Chostship,

Hey thanks for that info on the lift for larger tires.

Any-heads up on changing the hubs so I can run a 5on5 bolt pattern and get matching wheels for the trailer.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by boots
Chostship,

Hey thanks for that info on the lift for larger tires.

Any-heads up on changing the hubs so I can run a 5on5 bolt pattern and get matching wheels for the trailer.
Yes, hub swaps are easy, and that bolt pattern is available. I've done it on a
M101CAD, but not an old US m100. I used a 10" drum from northerntool.com , but I'm not sure if your trailer takes the same size drum. I'd recommend asking the folks on the links you got so you can hear from someone with actual experience on that specific trailer.

etrailer.com and championtrailers.com have a good selection of hubs too.

Last edited by Ghostship; 07-13-2008 at 05:55 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ghostship
Yes, hub swaps are easy, and that bolt pattern is available. I've done it on a
M101CAD, but not an old US m100. I used a 10" drum from northerntool.com , but I'm not sure if your trailer takes the same size drum. I'd recommend asking the folks on the links you got so you can hear from someone with actual experience on that specific trailer.

etrailer.com and championtrailers.com have a good selection of hubs too.
Were you able to swap to a 5 on 5 or a 5 on 4.5?

I've seen in my Northern Tool catalog the hubs for 4.5 but not 5.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:48 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith615
I really like the looks of the M100 and M416. I was coinsidering getting the 3/4 ton M101A1 (i think ) as there is one for sale here , but it might be too big.

No just to find one local in the right shape for the right price.

My wife is going to start really hating this site.
I have one...its pretty big and heavy. Might want to consider an M416/M101CDN if you're looking to take it offroad.

Also, it should be REALLY easy for you to get one. You live near one of the largest stock piles of US M101s there are. Check govtliquidators.com and you'll find that theres always one in PA. The mfg is there..
Old 07-13-2008, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackMac4
I have one...its pretty big and heavy. Might want to consider an M416/M101CDN if you're looking to take it offroad.

Also, it should be REALLY easy for you to get one. You live near one of the largest stock piles of US M101s there are. Check govtliquidators.com and you'll find that theres always one in PA. The mfg is there..
Do you pull the M101 with your 2 door?
Old 07-13-2008, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

There's a Yahoo group:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/M101CDN
Old 07-14-2008, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

The axle in the m100 cannot be changed hub wise,, needs a whole axle to get the right pattern.. Or spidertrac adapters,, easier to get a new 3500# axle from etrailerparts.com and just swap her out.. And the 416's are getting hard to find too,, you found a nice one,, I was looking at this same one but you beat me too it.. I have 3 416's now which are for sale and the wife said no new ones till at least one is gone..
Old 07-14-2008, 12:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Cruiser
The axle in the m100 cannot be changed hub wise,, needs a whole axle to get the right pattern.. Or spidertrac adapters,, easier to get a new 3500# axle from etrailerparts.com and just swap her out.. And the 416's are getting hard to find too,, you found a nice one,, I was looking at this same one but you beat me too it.. I have 3 416's now which are for sale and the wife said no new ones till at least one is gone..
Cruiser,

Hey do you also post over on the G503.com site? If you do I also replyed to your post over there. If you are interested in this M100 I would be willing to do a deal for a GOOD M416.

This M100 is in very rust free condition, Maybe, just maybe could use a new rear panal to turn back to original condition. Someone in the past added a tailgate.

If you are really interested in it let me know before I start modding it. This is a nice trailer for the year.....
Old 10-30-2008, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am building a M416 Offroad Trailer. I have started a blog to give information to other people hoping to do the same thing. You can check it out here.

http://offroadtrailer.blogspot.com/

Happy building.

Quick Reply: M101 Trailer info needed