Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lug nuts

Old 03-15-2015, 08:16 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
Ah so thread is NF not NC. That's cool but the main thing he needs to know is that it is a 1/2 " nominal diameter lug nut and the supplier will know the pitch.
I don't think that was really his question ...

Originally Posted by buckeye3
Here is kind of a stupid question but I'll admit I have no clue when it comes to lug nuts, but I'll ask it anyway. I currently have 3/4" lug nuts on right now. Will 1/2" fit also or do I have to stick with the 3/4"?
I took the 3/4" to refer to the socket size he uses to remove the lug nuts. But, I suspect he's conflating the socket size with which he's familiar with the 1/2" lug size (not lug nut size, but rather lug size) that a parts vendor is probably quoting him over the phone.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to worry more about the lug size rather than the nut size, if this makes sense. Other than standard lug nuts might get confusing, say you're looking at Splined or locking nuts. You need the 1/2". It's a pretty standard size, and most places, you tell them I have a '14 Wrangler will either know or be able to look up the nuts you need.

Quick Reply: Lug nuts