Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lucky stupid neighbor

Old 12-30-2011, 01:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pushrod
I'd rather bought an old Jeep with 4x4 than a new 2x4! At least they aren't posing and will actually go off road.
I bought my '08 this year. And jt can and does go off-road, just not as far as some of y'all.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey. Its all cool, you're young, in college, with plenty of life and learning ahead of ya. We all do dumb shit in college. Lol. You will eventually know exactly what you want and hopefully will be in a position to get it when that time comes. Live and learn.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:10 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by owtcast
Hey. Its all cool, you're young, in college, with plenty of life and learning ahead of ya. We all do dumb shit in college. Lol. You will eventually know exactly what you want and hopefully will be in a position to get it when that time comes. Live and learn.
True statements.

I'm done ranting.

This thread can die now.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
do you think hed notice if you took the stuff during the nite! and swapped ? just paint the rockstars too ? then just he never sees you when your mowing your lawn with your new upgraded 4wd jeep in back yard ?
nice!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
do you think hed notice if you took the stuff during the nite! and swapped ? just paint the rockstars too ? then just he never sees you when your mowing your lawn with your new upgraded 4wd jeep in back yard ?
Hell... I'd sell the 20"rockstars and buy some 15" cragers, much cheaper and nicer looking.

PS We don't really have a front or back yards out here.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

I get it man. Sucks when you think you can to count on someone, especially for something like an Axle and a T-Case.

It'd be like salt in a wound living next to "The Jones" with a built jeep that never see's a trail knowing you want one a d would "use" it for what it was intended. I lived next to "The Jones" before, it's hard not to say WTF, sometimes

Times passed, now we're "The Jones", with the other neighbours wanting to keep up with me at times. I try to be humble about it but hey, I wanted it, worked for it and got it, all on my own.

Motivation is a powerful thing. Patients is priceless.

Good luck my friend!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gunn
I get it man. Sucks when you think you can to count on someone, especially for something like an Axle and a T-Case.

It'd be like salt in a wound living next to "The Jones" with a built jeep that never see's a trail knowing you want one a d would "use" it for what it was intended. I lived next to "The Jones" before, it's hard not to say WTF, sometimes

Times passed, now we're "The Jones", with the other neighbours wanting to keep up with me at times. I try to be humble about it but hey, I wanted it, worked for it and got it, all on my own.

Motivation is a powerful thing. Patients is priceless.

Good luck my friend!
Amen to that!!! Most all of us have all been the less than fortunate type at one point or another in our lives. Don't sweat not having a four wheel drive yet. Your a "college kid" and got what you could afford, that says a lot more to me than someone who went out and put themselves nuts deep in debt over something they couldn't. I am fortunately able to afford my jeep now, but even 2 years ago I would have had to eat top roman to have it, then I would have still had to make sacrifices. You are making the right choice by going to college and buying what you can afford, cudos to you for that. It is a bummer though that you worked your ass off and didn't get what you were working for. Keep your head up, it'll come.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Delux2769
My neighbor went and traded his '07 Mall crawler X for a New 2012 Rubicon with 4.5" lift, 20" Rockstars, 35" MTRs for his wife. It will never be taken off road.

He had promised me his axles and trans case from his X so I could finally have 4WD, but traded it at midnight last night screwing me over.

Ok, rant over.
Like the dealer would not have noticed that a 4wd jeep was now 2wd?
Old 12-30-2011, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

You bought a 2wd Jeep Wrangler? That's about as worthless as a milk bucket under a bull. I didnt even knew they made them.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok is everyone done on their high horse, Just because this guy has a 2wd Jeep and you have a 4wd. I understand why we all want and I feel need a 4wd Jeep. Which i still dont understand why they even made a 2wd Wrangler in the first place. However lets leave this kid alone. He will get his 4wd someday and will be out on the trails with us.

Quick Reply: Lucky stupid neighbor