Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Love the Unlimited

Old 05-18-2009, 05:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this an on going debate, but a wrangler is a wrangler. I own a 4 door 08 flame red. Before that I had a 95 YJ and 97TJ. All three are different but they are Wranglers and serve their purpose well. I loved all 3 but the 4 door serves my needs the best and keeps me wearing the wrangler badge.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:51 AM
JK Freak

I bought the 4 door just for the extra space, and with a 38" inseam I'm practically sitting in the back seat......
Old 05-18-2009, 09:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I have two Wrangler's a two door and four door.

1989 YJ, those with the square headlights...., anyway, was single, worked out well.
I have a 2009 JK Unlimited, I have four kids and a wife. Unlimited fits my needs.

I couldn't buy a Jeep over the last few years due to family size. Then in 07 they came out, could get 5 people in a 4-door, have wanted one ever since. Still don't have room for everyone, but I am about to fix that with an aftermarket system.

I have had both, my needs have changed, Jeep has a more than one option now, which is great. Don't like the 4-door, don't get one, don't like the 2-door don't get one.

But it is fun to give each other hell.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:04 AM
JK Freak

The "breakover" angle issue cracks me up. Just turn a little before.

I crossed some deep creeks that 2-doors attacked head on, I simply turned real sharp JUST before the creek to "walk" into the creek and then back out, basically to lengthen the "breakover" angle. No problem. We're talking about turning 1-2 feet to the left or the right when approaching the obstacle. So no breakover angle b.s. as an argument. Anyone that knows how to drive can get past that one.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

The 4-door opened up the Jeep world to us family guys. I need something I can take the family in, and pull the pop-up. So towing capacity was one factor in the decision. Having a family was the biggest factor.

Besides, 2 door JK's with 37" or larger tires look really silly. Not so on a 4-door. It's called proportion.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:13 PM
JK Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by rjhoop
sorry but you are absolutly wrong, they are both very capable crawlers!!just the 4 door crawls around malls and soccer fields!!!!!!

Old 05-18-2009, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Haha I actually feel like the minority having a 2 door JK because there seems to be way more 4 doors, at least in my area. I think the 4 door is great but I'm single and have had 2 prior wranglers and other 2 door vehicles so I am very used to the limited space. I get waves from everyone...JKs (2/4 DR), TJs, YJs, and a few rare CJs that I came across. Regardless what model or door configuration you have its still a wrangler and we all have the same love for them. This is whats great about being a Jeep owner.

In fact just the other day while installing my 2.5" BB lift on base at the auto hobby shop, an older man approached me just because he saw me working on my jeep. He happened to be the treasurer of a local 4x4 club called "TrailBusters 4x4", and opened up my options for more wheeling opportunities as well as making some great new contacts. This is what wranglers are all about!

Quick Reply: Love the Unlimited