Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Love the Unlimited

Old 05-08-2009, 04:04 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unlimited rules!!

But the 2-door folks are cool, too.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kills me when 2dr owners rag about how long Unlimited's are. Oh yeah, right, definitely this big "night & day" difference.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:43 PM
JK Junkie

The only thing the 2 door guys have over us 4 doors, is when doorless, the 2 door looks better... more traditional and Jeep-ish.

In my opinion the 4 door with no doors looks like someone stole the doors, lol.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by xerofall
The only thing the 2 door guys have over us 4 doors, is when doorless, the 2 door looks better... more traditional and Jeep-ish.

In my opinion the 4 door with no doors looks like someone stole the doors, lol.
Agreed, however the only reason we got the Wrangler was because in 2007, Chrysler made the 4dr. Always wanted a Wrangler, however it never suited the family needs, what with our 3 kids. Now that the 3 kids have grown, and we now have 3 grandkids, and since we're very family oriented, would it not have been for the Unlimited, we would still not have had a Wrangler today.
The wife loves her new Wrangle, well now almost 3 years old, but what's even more important the grandkids love it as well.
The unlimited opened the door for the Wrangler for my family.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lorrel is right- the grandkids love the 4dr Jeep- They loved the old 2dr also. The only thing they miss now is hopping over the sides into the back....
Old 05-14-2009, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Heres something I was thinking the other day about this thread also. Just because someone has a 2 dr doesnt mean they are some hardcore wheeler. Up until the unlimited came out and still I see alot of the older Wranglers riding around that you KNOW never see dirt. Change is inevitable my friends. Happens with everything.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mike De
Heres something I was thinking the other day about this thread also. Just because someone has a 2 dr doesnt mean they are some hardcore wheeler. Up until the unlimited came out and still I see alot of the older Wranglers riding around that you KNOW never see dirt. Change is inevitable my friends. Happens with everything.
Yes, definetely more 2-door street queens than 4-doors simply due to the fact that there are obviously much more 2-doors.

Around here, I see a Wrangler about every 8 vehicles (VERY common in Kentucky) and only once in a LONG while do I see one built up, and even less seldom do I see one dirty.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Detn8RYellow
2 Door or 4 Door's - We may argue like brothers & and sisters, but; we are still family!
True story
Old 05-15-2009, 05:19 AM
JK Super Freak

let me put it like this

(for my situation)

4 door crawler

2 door crawler

a wheel base issue for me
Old 05-15-2009, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

I agree, we are all family. I was damn near born a Jeep nut, and I love them all. I wave at CJs, YJs, and TJs; as well as 4-door JKs. They are all true Jeeps, they all get a wave. I even wave at built Cherokees and Grand Cherokees....

That said, I was born a Jeep nut and the "traditionalist" in me would not allow for the purchase of the 4-door. Granted, it would have made my life easier with the added cargo room and ease of putting the kid in and out of the car seat, but I make due with my 2-door.

Again, the most important thing to remember is that they are still Jeeps, and we are still a family. I think one of the issues is that the 4-door attracts more "non-Jeep" people that don't understand what they are getting. They don't know about the wave, they would never think to go off-road, they are all around clueless to Jeep culture. That leaves us with two options, we can TEACH them, or we can be just as bad and shun them. I prefer to teach them!

Quick Reply: Love the Unlimited