Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Love the Unlimited

Old 05-07-2009, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love the Unlimited

Why does it seem like the Unlimited driver tend to take a lot of crap from 2 door drivers? I'm not trying to stir the shyt, or take a shot at the 2 door drivers, but some people just don't like the 4 doors.

Now for me personally, it was the 4 door Wrangler, or no Wrangler at all. My financial situation only allows me to have one vehicle, and since I need my vehicle for work, it's gotta be versatile. Pretty much everybody else in my trade drives a truck, as the ability to haul large equipment is very important.

The 2 door option would have been fun , but in the end it was the Unlimited's towing capacity that made the deal for me. A two door just wouldn't (safely) tow my trailer when it's all loaded down with my gear.

Since I have the 4 door, I do like that it's a little more manageable for when I have passenegers, though most of the time I keep the rear seats folded down, just because I prefer it that way. The added cargo room is also a bonus.

For the minor wheeling that I'm able to get out and do, the Unlimited is more than capable, and I've been able to (literally) drive circles around my friends who have trucks and get stuck in stuff that the JK just walks through.

And of course you can't forget the top down, doors off goodness, which is of course the same for the 2 and 4 door models

So, with no disrespect to the 2 door drivers, I ask the 4 door drivers why you love your Unlimited
Old 05-07-2009, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default No way dude...

I'm a SWG guy, but I have plenty of respect for the 4 door.

I think its a friendly rivalry because unlimiteds suck.

Seriously, though. Actually I wish I could afford both. But I really don't like long 'cars' of any sort.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by InTheMist
I'm a SWG guy, but I have plenty of respect for the 4 door.

I think its a friendly rivalry because unlimiteds suck.

Seriously, though. Actually I wish I could afford both. But I really don't like long 'cars' of any sort.
I'm with you. If my situation would have been different I would have gone 2 door all the way, but from a practicality point of view taking into account my life as a whole, the 4 door way was the only way to go.

Or I could have gotten a truck...
Old 05-07-2009, 09:07 PM
JK Freak

My 4-door is my only vehicle too. So besides the getting it because it makes the most sense for my situation, I just flat out like the way it looks with the top down and the doors off. It reminds me of a safari vehicle you might see rolling across the African plains. It doesn't always have to be about function and capability. Sometimes I just like to see a good looking vehicle.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
My 4-door is my only vehicle too. So besides the getting it because it makes the most sense for my situation, I just flat out like the way it looks with the top down and the doors off. It reminds me of a safari vehicle you might see rolling across the African plains. It doesn't always have to be about function and capability. Sometimes I just like to see a good looking vehicle.
Due to the weather here I've only had the top down once, and I haven't had the doors off at all yet

It needs to hurry up and get warmer over here so I can get in on some of the top down/doors off goodness
Old 05-07-2009, 09:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always say if you have rear seats you should have 4 doors. My 88 YJ seat was BRAND NEW when the Jeep was sold 3 years ago. ( I had to find it in my storage room ).
Old 05-07-2009, 09:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Geezle
Due to the weather here I've only had the top down once, and I haven't had the doors off at all yet
It needs to hurry up and get warmer over here so I can get in on some of the top down/doors off goodness
Didn't even notice you were up in Edmonton at first. So yea, you may not have as many opportunities to go doorless/topless as I do down here in the south.
By the way, Rescue Green is an awesome color. They're not making that color anymore so you better hold on to it.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I couldn't agree with you more. I've always wanted a wrangler but the 2 door wouldn't work out for me. As soon as I saw the 4 door I wanted one. Thankfully I am in a situation now were I was able to make owning one a reality.

I love it. The cargo room is awesome! I had it loaded up with server equipment that far exceed the cost of the Jeep(I really wish I would have taken a picture). It also tows a lot better than I expected it would.

I'm tired of people compiling about 4 doors not waving. I wave all the time at 2 doors and no one waves back and not just JKs
Old 05-07-2009, 09:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Don't be so quick to judge

My main drive is a Chevy Impala. Yeah a 4dr, slush box, reclining seat cruiser. Superb Quality vehicle. I'm not talking cup holders- I mean the whole vehicle. I have it because I had 2dr cars for 30 years, but at my age and stage in life 4drs is what I want and need. The same with my Jeep. I bounced for years in a 2dr leaf springed version while many of the guys looking at me in my Unlimited with disgust were in diapers. Remember the old bastard you are looking at with disapproval has already been where you are at NOW years BEFORE....
Old 05-08-2009, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Had a 2 dr 92 Cherokee, 98 Wrangler and got a 07 2dr JK Rubicon in Nov 06. Loved em all and took awhile to come around to the 4drs. Just traded my 2dr in on an 09 4dr. Now I cant imagine having the 2 dr anymore. Love the extra room and people can actually get in the back. But I dont mind the good fun rivalry. The people who truly are upset over it and wont wave or whatever other corny things they do, get over it, life isnt that serious.

Quick Reply: Love the Unlimited