Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

For the love of god i need a gas can

Old 06-07-2011, 03:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CA - your legislaters at work - telling you what you need to do!
Old 06-08-2011, 04:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Dear California,

Please secede.

Sincerely,
The Other 49
I agree, However I am from NJ so my thoughts really don't matter.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Would it be possible/safe/legal to take a metal Jerry can that has never been used, drill a hole in the bottom, and weld on an outdoor hose faucet? My thinking behind this is that you can just screw on a small hose, pop it in you tank and turn on the faucet filling up the jeep without even removing the Jerry can. This would be a way around the dreaded carb spouts.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Dear California,

Please secede.

Sincerely,
The Other 49
We would be happy to! The Other 49 states won't let us.

Do you realize the tax revenues that would be lost? Our economy isn't compared to that of other states. It's compared to that of other countries. We subsidize federal programs with the tax revenues we generate and our agriculture capabilities alone can feed the country many times over. Cheap food costs year round? Yup that's us. Federal funding of unneeded programs? That's us too. Let's not forget about all the technology that gets invented and further developed out here (I'm typing this from my iphone and I found this awesome site using google). Hmmm use Facebook? That's down the street too.

If California seceded, my federal taxes would go away, my state taxes (new federal taxes) would be reduced and California would still have money left over. We would love to secede but the US government cannot afford it.

All that said, don't get me wrong. I own a small business here in CA an it is 100 times harder to do business in CA than in other states (maybe an exaggeration but it is a lot harder and more expensive). We service CA, FL, NJ, PA, MA and TX so that is what I am basing my comparison on. But still, it's a great place to live once you accept the "cost" of living here.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rotopax. Comes in different sizes & colors for fuel, water, diesel, and tools. I believe they're CA compliant.

Quick Reply: For the love of god i need a gas can