Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Loud exhaust

Old 10-24-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BStelling
This past weekend I had the Dynomax Rock Crawler exhaust installed and I honestly think it sounds great. I was really worried it was going to sound ricey and drone quite a bit due to the straight through exhaust but I was completely wrong. Upon start-up you get a real nice deep growl that has lead twice to people asking if I had the HEMI upgrade. While driving around town you can hear it and know its there but not enough to drive you crazy. Above around 3000 RPM's I'd say I can hear the engine more than the exhaust. Great system

Attachment 227899Attachment 227900Attachment 227901Attachment 227902
Thank you so much for your insight. I think you may have just pushed me over the edge to buy it. Can I spray paint the tip black? If so what kind of paint does everyone recommend?
Old 10-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NebRedrocker
Curious where are the hangers located on that system?
Hopefully this attaches.

Originally Posted by Hokiemanturf
Thank you so much for your insight. I think you may have just pushed me over the edge to buy it. Can I spray paint the tip black? If so what kind of paint does everyone recommend?
You could/can just use a high temp paint.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	39464.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	228009  
Old 10-24-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dynomax
Hopefully this attaches.

You could/can just use a high temp paint.
Thank you so much. Do you recommend the clips or getting it welded on?
Old 10-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Thank you so much. Do you recommend the clips or getting it welded on?
The clamps are perfect, but if you or a buddy can weld (or it is a reasonable price), that is also good. But clamps for ease, plus many OEM applications use clamps these days. This is an easy install if you have an hour or so. Soak the rubber isolators, wear eye protection, and loosen and replace the stock exhaust.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

Ive heard ludskii and it sounds good and I have the afe exhaust and it sounds really good too. Its actually a bit deeper sound/throatier so we decided.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Dynomax

Its the only way to go, the sound is fantastic at all RPM's. I probably gained like 197hp with their setup.....well maybe not that much, but at least 3hp. Anyway, the exhaust note is amazing, I get asked by people quite often what motor I am running because of the deep tone.

Can you see the stainless wonder under my rig!!

Old 10-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Talking

Ha! Just as a heads up, G's system dumps in front of the rear axle because of the rear suspension setup, and no he hasn't died from exhaust fumes.

Originally Posted by GCM 2
Its the only way to go, the sound is fantastic at all RPM's. I probably gained like 197hp with their setup.....well maybe not that much, but at least 3hp. Anyway, the exhaust note is amazing, I get asked by people quite often what motor I am running because of the deep tone.

Can you see the stainless wonder under my rig!!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dynomax
Ha! Just as a heads up, G's system dumps in front of the rear axle because of the rear suspension setup, and no he hasn't died from exhaust fumes.
Thank you all very much! I'm definitely going with the Dynomax. Also, Dynomax, thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering why it didn't go all the way out.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Thank you all very much! I'm definitely going with the Dynomax. Also, Dynomax, thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering why it didn't go all the way out.
No problem. If you have any more questions feel free to PM. Thanks again!
Old 10-25-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I found a HD video with the Dynomax exhaust. Sounds great for the 3.8L. Not something I'd put on mine, I'm a quiet exhaust guy when it comes to anything but race cars, but this one sounds pretty good to me! Make sure to switch it to 720 or 1080P for the better audio quality in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1sSysyT_3s&hd=1

Quick Reply: Loud exhaust