Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Loud exhaust

Old 10-24-2011, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud exhaust

Hey everyone! As JK owners we all know how weak and un-aggressive the stock exhaust is. I was wondering what y'all suggest for new LOUDER exhausts. I've heard about straight-piping, but I really don't want to do that. I've also heard of the Flowmaster 40 and 50 series exhausts. I went to the York Jeep Show in PA over the summer and heard the most B.A. exhaust, but of course I can't remember what it was. If anyone was there, please reply to this post. Thanks
Old 10-24-2011, 01:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i had the Flowmaster Super44 installed for about 6 months and it was loud. Perfect for me but not for my wife. It had an annoying drone at cruising speed but other than that it sounded awesome at idle as well under throttle

i have heard that the 50 series is a great compromise and no drone!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

Nice video! I like the sound, but which side does the exhaust come out? Passenger or Driver's side? I saw one that had the muffler underneath the Driver's seat and it went straight back and exited on the Driver's side. Know anything about that?

What do you mean by annoying drone? Was this cat back or duel or what?

Last edited by Hokiemanturf; 10-24-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ludski
some of my videos were backwards for some reason. but the exhaust starts on the drivers side. (where straight pipe ended) then goes back over the axle and exits on the passenger side. exact same as the stock. (mbrp)
Is it loud in the cab while driving?
Old 10-24-2011, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was at the york show... R u talking about the dynomax? They had a blk mustang and a blk jku?... I had him start the jku and yes it sounded badass!.... He had the muffler tucked under the driverseat and dual pipes out the back
Old 10-24-2011, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default Vote for MBRP

I have the MBRP exhaust and couldn't be happier. It's throaty and "aggressive", but not too loud or annoying. I like the more low-key sounds, but it is still loud enough to know that it's aftermarket when driving "spiritedly".

I would say it's moderately quite to medium....if that helps at all. I personally love the sound and wouldn't want anything loud enough for anyone to ever think it's annoying.

It is deep and grumbly vs. hollowly (technical term) raspy and thin....if that makes any sense.

SD
Old 10-24-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jawhn7
I was at the york show... R u talking about the dynomax? They had a blk mustang and a blk jku?... I had him start the jku and yes it sounded badass!.... He had the muffler tucked under the driverseat and dual pipes out the back
YESSSSSS! Do you know the make and model of that exhaust? He gave me a printout on it and everything and I'm close to clinically depressed because I lost it!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have it at home... I will pm u in about 2 hrs when i get there... Im ordering it myself too!...
Old 10-24-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jawhn7
I have it at home... I will pm u in about 2 hrs when i get there... Im ordering it myself too!...
Thank you so incredibly much. You have entirely made my day! Please don't forget. Thanks again.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can you post it on here? I want to upgrade mine. I put a magnaflow on my 2000 TJ and at times it got a little loud.

Quick Reply: Loud exhaust