Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Looking for side / nerf bars for '12 Rubi 2-door

Old 05-27-2012, 05:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for side / nerf bars for '12 Rubi 2-door

I have seen pics on here of several JK's with what appear to be factory Mopar side steps and would like to get a set for my '12 Rubi 2-door. I am wondering if they will bolt on over the existing factory 'rock slider' or would the slider have to be removed? I like the slider but I think the splash & mud protection from steps (I just need a little protection and considered / rejected the Mopar bolt-on molded splash guards) would be exactly what I needed. Looking for advice from other users on their setups, thanks in advance for any replies!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Side steps mount in place of the rubi rock sliders...so it's one or the other. You can easily find a pair of take offs on Craig's list...could probably even trade your rubi rock rails for some side steps
Old 05-27-2012, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Ace rock rails, they go over the rubi rock rails and provide protection and a step. Only around 250 shipped.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:57 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up Nice....

Thanks; I looked up those Ace Rock Sliders and they look great!

Quick Reply: Looking for side / nerf bars for '12 Rubi 2-door