Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Looking for help! Any advice would be awesome!

Old 01-20-2014, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for help! Any advice would be awesome!

I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, JK I believe is what it is (4 door). I'm looking to put bigger tires on it and pro comp rims (style 7036 I believe). I want to put 35's on it but I don't know the numbers for it, not real good with all that kind of stuff. I also know I need to put a lift on it. To make sure there's no rubbing or anything I was assuming a 3.5" suspension lift from rough country would do and look pretty decent. I also think a 2.5" would do.

I had a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited before and I put 33's on it and I didn't need to lift it and there was no rubbing.

Just any advice or recommendations would be awesome. I'm not real good with this kind of stuff.

Thanks so much.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

You have a few things to look at when lifting or adding larger tires. First addressing the lift. 2.5 is a good amount off lift without having to go over board with extras needed on 3" lifts and above I.E. drive shafts... So saying you stay with a 2.5" lift now with 35's you will need aftermarket rims to prevent rubbing of suspension components or wheel spacers on factory wheels. I like a larger sidewall so i went down to a 16" procomp wheel with 315/75r16's which are the metric equivalent to a 35" tire.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Why do you want to run those size tires? And why do you want to lift? What are you planning on to do with your jeep (DD, weekend warrior, off road only)? Just slapping on tires and a lift isn't always as easy as it sounds.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

You gotta decide what you're going to do with your jeep to decide which lift is best for you. There's a million threads on here so go ahead and do some research. I know I read about 20 hours of posts before pulling the trigger on my lift/tire set up.

Also, keep in mind that when it comes to lifts you get what you pay for. I have a 3" BDS and love it. It's a mid- to-upper level quality kit with fantastic product support and grat reliability/functionality. It sits on 35's. It has gotten me over enough obstacles to scare away three girlfriends. Even though I love it I do wish I saved up an extra month or so for a rock crawler lift. I have friends that run rough country but it is a cheaper lift and IT WILL eventually sag significantly. If your only going for looks... No problem. Functionality, on the other hand, is a different thing all together.

Moral is- figure what your doing with your rig and save up so you can buy the good stuff once instead of paying for shit twice.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:48 AM
JK Newbie

Honestly just going for looks. It's my daily driver and basically a house payment so I'd like to keep it nice. I look at jeeps on forums and stuff all the time and I think they look good with black rims and bigger tires. Also why I posted something on here to get people's opinion because for the most part people on here have done something to their jeep.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:42 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Read the thread linked in my signature at the bottom of this post.
Once you have done that ask any questions that you don't understand. If its just a mall crawler running around mainly in town then a 2.5" budget boost would be your best option.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

35s are a pretty big tire for just a daily driver. Expect your mileage to go down.

If it's your daily driving and you not going to see off road much I'd go with a 2.5" budget boost lift. Teraflex makes a good kit with shocks, coil spacers, bump stops, ect. Their kit basically covers everything you would need as a DD for under $600.

Rough Country is just that, rough. Anything past their spacer kit I wouldn't even think about running. Why put the cheapest/ crappiest lift on your new $35k jeep?

You need to read the stickies in the Modified tech forum. They explain everything you need to know about what size of lift and tires.

Quick Reply: Looking for help! Any advice would be awesome!