Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Looking to buy a Rubi -- but

Old 06-15-2009, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, I'm betting with production at a halt, and inventories shrinking due to continued Wrangler sales, you're gonna have a hard time getting BOTH what you want AND the price you want.

Probably going to be a case of MSRP for EXACTLY what you want or you can strike a deal, get a good a price and choose from what they have on the lot.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OlegFl
Yeah.... just bought a new rubi for abou 7K off MSRP.... but I was very open to options/color..... might be cheaper to search for a rubi of a different color/options and paint it .... that's what I'm doing........ and buy a hard/soft top off someone here....

BTW.... Brooklyn, Alex ... ti Russkiy?

I just moved from Brooklyn to CA..
Yep, BTW saw your jeep in Brooklyn last year, i think that was u.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got several here in Utah. My co-worker even picked up a rubi 2-3 weeks ago.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did the same thing last year bought jeep end of may had to goto about 5 different dealers for a stick rubi had to settle for black ( wasn;t first choice)

mcdonogh is a rip off. my buddy just bought an X from pine belt in lakewood and he got a great price
Old 06-15-2009, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went through the same crap in 07 when I bought mine. There wasn't a Rubicon within 123 miles and I drove every where. I was online for 3 months and nothing was ever updated? I'd made my mind up to settle for a Sahara (I won't wheel anyway until the payment book gets smaller). I test drove the Sahara and was ready to talk payment/trade in etc and the salesman said "$hit" I'd asked what was wrong and there was a Rubicon that was pulling in for a "dealer swap". Needless to say, I took it for a test drive and bought it. A lot more $$ than I wanted to spend but I had a Rubicon. There were no deals at the time and they got me good!2 yrs later, I've been debating to sell/trade for a new one with lower payments/interest. I'm down to 4 yrs. It sucks that there isn't a dealer within an hour. They need to update more.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

I'm not in real need to get the Jeep (yet still got my ZJ running strong), so that's why I'm being picky, if I won't find what i want, I'll just keep looking, and if needs be, I'll wait it out for a few month or so.

So far i called 5 dealers, and all keep telling me they'll need to look for one as they currently don't have any on their lots.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

The new MO for Chrysler/ Fiat is going to revolve heavily around cutting inventory so that they don't need to discount as much. Now, if gas hits $4 a gallon again and stays there then maybe we'll get some good deals on vehicles with less than stellar gas mileage, but otherwise the time to buy was in the past few months. Different story from now on.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

There may be some closer than you think. Dealers trade and sell inventory to each other, especially now with a lot of them closing. Some are also re-wound deals and sometimes just competitive tactics to boost sales numbers showing them sold.

So they may not show in your online search. Your best option would be to call around.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

I can't speak to generalizations, but when I went in in Oct, there were many wranglers to choose from at my dealer. Now with the plants closing and the arrival of spring, I think I saw one on the lot.

I also once saw a JK like mine with leather seats (couple so weeks ago) used. It was showing 20K sticker... I paid that for a new one... It sold quickly (not sure at what price).

I would think once they are up and running and everything shakes out, they will get back to having a glut of inventory... unless govt auto makers are better run (hahaha... I work for the govt... don't think so)

(No orange ones that I remember).
Old 06-15-2009, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

JeepNY - I did some searches and found the following 6-speed Sunburst Orange Rubicon's listed. Hard combo to find as you know...........

Doylestown, PA - loaded (Dual Top, NAV, Side Air Bags, Tow, Engine Heater)
http://www.fredbeansdodgechryslerjee...6c7a8fa2df22e5

Boulder, CO - Dual Top, NAV
http://www.pollardfriendlymotor.com/...73d5c385506a1c

Cottonwood, AZ
http://www.oxendalechryslerdodgejeep...1674f04153fec7

You will need to call about availability, pricing, etc. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a Rubi -- but