Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Looking to buy a new jeep or toyota

Old 03-20-2013, 02:18 AM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my Jeep but if you need the bed space then go Tacoma. It rides better too. Both get crap mileage. My uncles delivery truck 2005 Tacoma TRD has 315,000 miles on it with only oil/air/tire changes and a new alternator. That impresses me.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Whytiptoe

No the taco that I'm looking at is 34K. That is another deciding factor in this process. Is the rubicon worth the extra 4K.
To be fair, I believe the top end Tacoma does not come with lockers, but a LSD. Probably more comparable in the off-road category to the sport or Sahara.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pwain

To be fair, I believe the top end Tacoma does not come with lockers, but a LSD. Probably more comparable in the off-road category to the sport or Sahara.
The TRD only has a rear locker.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:29 PM
JK Freak

go for the Taco. I love them. Jeep has some major issues that will annoy you and the Taco's refinement in nice.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Something you may want to think about. I have owned both, and both are great vehicles, but in all honesty, there is nothing like driving a Jeep with the top and doors off. Trucks are boring to drive. Come Summer time, you will feel like you are driving a coffin. I have owned and sold several Jeeps over the years, and I have always came back. It truly is a lifestyle.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:07 PM
JK Super Freak

get on a Jeep forum, one of the many, and setup a trail run to an area you have never been to. Not knowing much about the area other then watching a few youtube video's and reading a description about the trail in a book, but knowing this would be a cool place to spend a 3-4 day weekend. Watch as the local jeepers chime in and offer to lead you and the group through the trail. Meeting new Jeep friends for maybe only a day, maybe longer, the end of the day you part ways not realizing you've only known each other for a day....

repeat as often as possible.....

been there done it.....
that is the Jeep Life..

now go do that on a truck forum????? maybe or maybe not.....

Jeep On...
Old 03-21-2013, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

Cool

Originally Posted by Rebelyell22
go for the Taco. I love them. Jeep has some major issues that will annoy you and the Taco's refinement in nice.
Thinking about the Taco, go to the site, Tacoma world....like jk forum, the best answers to your questions.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I currently own both and can say that I'd choose the jeep any day over the Tacoma although it gets better mileage, the jeep has a different vibe altogether

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a new jeep or toyota