Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Looking to buy a jk?'s

Old 10-31-2008, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a jk?'s

I know do a search but I am lazy. I have owned many jeeps most of them cj5s and cj7s and my last jeep was a 97tj. I sold it due to the lack of doors on it and I now have a growing family with two kids under 12months. I will not be going off road with it much. I am trying to decide between a 4dr unlimited and a H3. I am just wondering for people with kids how they do with car seats in them and how is the ride in the back seat. And if anyone has had an H3 and an unlimited which they like better. I am leaning towards the jeep mainly because the look and I am a MOPAR guy here is my other mopars
Old 10-31-2008, 07:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cool cars!!!!!! sorry I can't answer your question, I have a two door.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Well I can't answer your question I too have a 2dr but I will say that part of my job discription at work is to install and check child safety seats and that I am a certified child safety seat tech. With that said I've installed 2 car seats in cars as small as honda civics and small suvs such as the CR-V and vehicles like that and although tight fit did work. As long as you have an inch of space between the back of the CSS and the back of the front seat. Since the mandatory use of the LATCH system installing car seats is alot easier as wheel. As far as what to get....you came to a very opinionated forum to ask that. GET THE JEEP...then you can go topless. BTW like the charger and the grand national
Old 10-31-2008, 07:44 AM
JK Junkie

The 4 door has more interior space than the H3, by quite a bit. Space wise the 4 door is closer to an H2. I have 3 kids and there is ample space for car seats, stroller and all the other gear. getting them in and out is pretty easy, the only challenge is if you are on a hill as the doors have the straps so they don't stay open, but that is the only draw back.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

cram the kids in the back of the grand national if that's what it is!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

You can borrow my 4dr any time..........course I'll need something to drive in the mean time................Grand National would do
Old 10-31-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Junkie

We looked at H3's and FJ's before we purchased our Jeep. We really wanted another Jeep, but my dad talked us into at least looking at the H3's. He has a H2 and is a big hummer fan.

For me the biggest issue was visability and head room. Im 6'5 and I felt claustrophobic in the H3 and the FJ. Im not sure it was the small windows or actually head room, but it felt alot smaller inside of them. My other issue was the independent front suspensions. I wasnt sure how much offroading I wanted to do, but I really didnt want to deal with lifting an IFS.

My wife was driving a TJ at the time and really wanted another jeep, but she agreed to at least look at other options. Which was a waste of time, because if the top didnt come off.. she wasnt interested.

So we got the jeep. It has about 20K on it now and we couldnt be happier.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bly109
We looked at H3's and FJ's before we purchased our Jeep. We really wanted another Jeep, but my dad talked us into at least looking at the H3's. He has a H2 and is a big hummer fan.

For me the biggest issue was visability and head room. Im 6'5 and I felt claustrophobic in the H3 and the FJ. Im not sure it was the small windows or actually head room, but it felt alot smaller inside of them. My other issue was the independent front suspensions. I wasnt sure how much offroading I wanted to do, but I really didnt want to deal with lifting an IFS.

My wife was driving a TJ at the time and really wanted another jeep, but she agreed to at least look at other options. Which was a waste of time, because if the top didnt come off.. she wasnt interested.

So we got the jeep. It has about 20K on it now and we couldnt be happier.
Now thats a good wife!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 10:41 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Choppus
Now thats a good wife!!!
Yes she is!!
Old 10-31-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

For me its all about the mods... you can do much more with the aftermarket crowd with a Jeep...... If you are going to off road , the wheel wells are far bigger on a jeep for larger tires... Both are nice on the interior ..Jeep maybe a little more spacious.. I have a 4door and love it .. Modded it drives great down the road and off road this thing Rocks!!!!.... Literally

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a jk?'s