Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

looking for a '07 X 2dr - heavy duty suspension

Old 09-12-2007, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a '07 X 2dr - heavy duty suspension

Here is my plan.....trying to trade my '03 BMW Z4 3.0i with 31,600 miles in on a used '07 JK 2dr. I am looking at an X 6spd in any color but white or black. Only options I care about are "S" package, 6spd, soft top and the 17" wheels (upgraded stereo would be nice but not necessary).

I took a 2dr X for a spin at a dealer and the ride was amazing compared to my CJ's. I commented to the salesman that I was impressed with the ride and he said the JK's equipped with the heavy duty suspension package rode much nicer (the one I test drive had that option).

So I am searching used-pre certified inventories and private sellers and no one ever mentions if they have that heavy duty suspension option. Does it come standard when you get the upgraded wheels and tires on an X? There are 2 upgraded tire options...does it only come with the 17" aluminum wheels and 255 section width tires?

I might consider a Sahara also although I am not crazy about the painted fender flares......do all Saharas have the same heavy duty suspension standard?

Thanks for the info....If anyone knows of a used '07 X or Sahara for sale within a couple hundred miles of NJ please let me know! I have been searching Jeep.com , autotrader and cars.com......if anyone knows of another venue I can search please let me know!

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but........there is no heavy duty suspension. Granted, there are a ton of variable spring rates for the different models but there is no specific heavy duty option. the differences in suspension spring rates are dependent on whick model, x vs. sahara vs. rubicon, 2dr vs 4dr, auto vs. manual tranny. You cant choose the suspension spring rates. they vary depending on your specific model.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by billycj7
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but........there is no heavy duty suspension. Granted, there are a ton of variable spring rates for the different models but there is no specific heavy duty option. the differences in suspension spring rates are dependent on whick model, x vs. sahara vs. rubicon, 2dr vs 4dr, auto vs. manual tranny. You cant choose the suspension spring rates. they vary depending on your specific model.

I have actually seen window stickers at Jeep dealers listing this option....I will try to post a picture of it
Old 09-12-2007, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

Default taken right off a window sticker

17" Aluminum Wheels $275

Heavy-Duty Suspension with Gas Shocks
P255/75R17 Outline White Letter On/Off Road Tires

so it appears that you get the "hd suspension and gas shocks" when you opt for the 17" wheels for $275.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

my understanding is that the X model has a different set up unless you get the optional. The Sahara and Rubicon have the HD suspension as standard equipment.....
Old 09-13-2007, 09:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by o4major97
my understanding is that the X model has a different set up unless you get the optional. The Sahara and Rubicon have the HD suspension as standard equipment.....

Yes, my 2 Dr Sahara came with the HD suspension. It was sitting next to a Rubicon and had the same ride height. The X's on either side were noticeably lower of course. Mine listed "heavy duty suspension" on the options list as well.

Quick Reply: looking for a '07 X 2dr - heavy duty suspension