Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

LoD - Thumbs up! Excellent service!

Old 05-13-2010, 02:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LoD - Thumbs up! Excellent service!

Just called LoD to see about getting the mounts to hook the safety chains to for towing a trailer. They asked for my address and said they'll ship a set out asap. No questions, no hassle. Excellent!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Man that's great to hear! It really is nice to get some positive feedback and kudos where it's deserved so people on the fence looking to buy know who some of the good vendors, shops, mfgs and distributors are! Way better in IMHO than hearing about all the bad customer service out there! Not saying people should suck it up if they got screwed but there's always two sides to the story and we only hear the one side of it...
Old 05-13-2010, 02:32 PM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by highoctane
Just called LoD to see about getting the mounts to hook the safety chains to for towing a trailer. They asked for my address and said they'll ship a set out asap. No questions, no hassle. Excellent!

:rotfl mao2:
You really should have waited until you received your parts before posting and believe me, what they say they'll do isn't always the case. I hope things work out better for you than they did with me.
I ordered my rock rails and received them in mid January. When I was finally ready to install them in early March I noticed that the LoD name plates were never included in the kit. I finally got them last week only after I had to lean on David at Northridge to take care of this for me. Their after sales customer support is garbage but damn their products are sweet.
Oh and the kit was missing two mounting bolts and one washer.
Regardless, I still want their front mid and rear bumper. I understand that shit happens, so it's no big deal for me.

good-luck

Last edited by MFX; 05-13-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You really should have waited until you received your parts before posting and believe me, what they say they'll do isn't always the case. I hope things work out better for you than they did with me.
I ordered my rock rails and received them in mid January. When I was finally ready to install them in early March I noticed that the LoD name plates were never included in the kit. I finally got them last week only after I had to lean on David at Northridge to take care of this for me. Their after sales customer support is garbage but damn their products are sweet.
Oh and the kit was missing two mounting bolts and one washer.

That isnt exactly fair. LOD shipped your plates out to you but they were returned because of some missing paperwork. So its not exactly they never shipped them they just need help on shipping to canada
Old 05-13-2010, 02:52 PM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
That isnt exactly fair. LOD shipped your plates out to you but they were returned because of some missing paperwork. So its not exactly they never shipped them they just need help on shipping to canada

Before I ever contacted you I spoke with someone at their end concerning installation directions and the missing parts. They said it would ship the next day. That was a good 3 weeks before I got in touch with you in the hopes that you can move things along which you did.
Then it was shipped and returned back to them because of missing paperwork.
Then it was shipped again only after the parts were returned to them and sitting at the warehouse for ~ 2 weeks.

No worries anyway, I'd still buy their products in a heart beat
Old 05-13-2010, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed my LoD sliders about two months ago, got them from Northridge 4x4. Had a few concerns about the install and called Dave first. He said it would be best to call LoD with my question. I did, and spoke with the owner (forgot his name) he answered all my questions. The install went very well, and have no regrets, they are top notch.

My only current concern is that some of the wield spots have surface rust. I guess those spots weren't painted good. I did send them a email about it two days ago, but haven't got a reply yet. So would anyone have a suggestions on a fix, I thought about a shot of Rust-Oleum.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wmcvey
Installed my LoD sliders about two months ago, got them from Northridge 4x4. Had a few concerns about the install and called Dave first. He said it would be best to call LoD with my question. I did, and spoke with the owner (forgot his name) he answered all my questions. The install went very well, and have no regrets, they are top notch.

My only current concern is that some of the wield spots have surface rust. I guess those spots weren't painted good. I did send them a email about it two days ago, but haven't got a reply yet. So would anyone have a suggestions on a fix, I thought about a shot of Rust-Oleum.
His name is Chris.

LōD products are powdercoated, not painted.
I've found that a shot of bedliner works best on my whacked or scratched areas.

I'll be out of the country for extended periods three times this summer and fall.
Expect Chris to come up with something that "may or may not necessarily be considered an 'armor' accessory" during one or more of those periods.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Not saying people should suck it up if they got screwed but there's always two sides to the story and we only hear the one side of it...
Thanks David that's exactly what I was saying!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:46 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by highoctane
Any photos of the mounts on the site? I need some for my LoD rear bumper tire carrier...D-rings don't work out very good for my safety chains.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Any photos of the mounts on the site? I need some for my LoD rear bumper tire carrier...D-rings don't work out very good for my safety chains.
No I haven't seen any pics of it. I just remembered them mentioning them in another thread in the past. Called them up and a set is on the way. Ill see about getting some pics once they get here.

Quick Reply: LoD - Thumbs up! Excellent service!