Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lod products?????

Old 02-15-2013, 10:01 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have run their mid front, sliders, and rear shorty with linked carrier. All were great quality. I have ordered mid front, sliders and shorty rear no carrier for my new jeep. Duplicolor semi black is a good match for touch ups.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dusty11
Big Red,

Did you have to relocate you license plate or chose to for ease? I ask because I'm looking at a bumper from them and have seen license plates both kept original location and moved like yours is.
You don't have to move the license plate with the LoD. It fits fine. I used to have the ORFAB tire carrier and the license was mounted to the T-handle on the spare.

I relocated for 2 reasons... One, I think it looks cool haha and Second, I have a GOBI rack and a few times when titling it back too far I've popped off the stock license mount. Oops. I got tired of doing that so I moved it. Once I got the LoD, I got a new mount (the t-handle was sold w/ the tire carrier & I gave away my old stock license mount to a forum member for free).
Old 02-15-2013, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'v had my LOD since november and no rust at all. It took a month to get it though.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for ur help I'm gonna get them
Old 02-15-2013, 05:09 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by 11JK_Lazo
Thanks guys for ur help I'm gonna get them
Call Chris at jeep add-ons. He will give you a fantastic price. No idea if it's because he is in KY too or what, but I got all 3 pieces in two weeks. He just called them up and they got them out.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:08 PM
R.C
JK Newbie

Recently just put a LoD armor lite mid-width front bumper w/ bull bar on my jeep,so can't really give an opinion on rust,because it's new.But I can say Chris w/ LoD is a good man.When I purchased my items,which took a month to come in,fed ex showed my bull bar being delivered 2 days before my bumper w/ the tracking #.But the bull bar wasn't delivered to my home.Got in touch w/ Chris about my situation and i advised him that the bull bar wasn't delivered and i had fed ex doing a search and had case # on it.Told him i'll go ask the neighbors to see if it was delivered there.Got back home and called Chris back to let him know i couldn't find it and before our conversation was finished he told me he was sending me another at no charge.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Staytru06

Just a heads up iv herd that sometimes it can take up to 3 months to get your bumper from lod for what ever reason. I'm guessing because they need to make it.
You are right on this. It took 13 weeks to get my rear bumper!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bbreen24
You are right on this. It took 13 weeks to get my rear bumper!
After seeing another thread where a BMW rear-ended a JK with a Warn rear bumper. I think its time for me to order a LOD Full width rear bumper. There are too many stupid drivers out there.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:17 AM
JK Junkie

You are right, they build them once you place an order. I ordered mine back in late October and it only took two weeks to ship. Bought them through Morris 4X4.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:55 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Gman*2007
You are right, they build them once you place an order. I ordered mine back in late October and it only took two weeks to ship. Bought them through Morris 4X4.
This is only half right. They build in cycles, rears, fronts, sliders, and so on. As orders come in, they increase or decrease quantities to fit those orders. It helps keep efficiencies up to build the same item multiple times and not be switching back and forth. So, if you order a front right after they finish fronts, then you get it quick, they have stock. The first guy to order a front after the stock is gone, well, he waits. This is how it works at LOD. I would assume others to be similar.

Quick Reply: Lod products?????