Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

LoD has stiffed me on my lower skid plate !

Old 11-02-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for input. You saved me a call. And now I can quit stressing out while I'm at work
Old 11-02-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. It comes in separate boxes. They shipped my front bumper and rear bumper w/ tire carrier on different days.

UPS staggered all the stuff out over 3 days, enough so, that I couldn't install anything right away.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepApex
Report them to better business bureau? Really??? All because they didn't get the part to you EXACTLY when you wanted??

Unbelievable dude.

I've ordered a stubby rear bumper/tire carrier AND rock sliders from them. They both took a long time to get to me. But after installing the parts was I pissed? Not at all. LoD is top notch and damn near impossible to beat in my opinion, even if it does take them a long time to build the part that I ordered from them.

Take some Valium and watch a shitty TV show until the part gets in...
Watch some canadian football!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsears
UPS staggered all the stuff out over 3 days, enough so, that I couldn't install anything right away.
UPS might be the problem. I've also had similar bizarre shipping of multiple boxes from the same vendor that have different scheduled arrival dates, between 3 and 7 days. Same vendor, similar sized items, all on same order, yet multiple arrival dates. Weird.

In general, I've seen a strange lengthening of delivery times from them over the last year, as well as curious price increases. Perhaps they have changed their logistics to conserve fuel. I just bought something from CA (not Jeep related) and it took 10 DAYS to get to VA from CA, despite costing 8.99 to ship (a small item). USPS Priority would have cost $5 and taken 2 days. Unfortunately, the eTailer didn't offer that option.

Whatever is going on, it definitely impacts decisions on who I buy from. I've found that buying from vendors that only offer UPS means you pay more. I bought a counter-top appliance a while ago that was offered for the same price from two different vendors, one shipped FedEX ground, the other UPS. The FedEx site offered free shipping; the UPS site asked for shipping charges of $36!!

So anyway, it may very well be that the type of parts LOD ships run into strange UPS logistics. Just saying...

Last edited by Rubi Driver; 11-02-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:48 AM
JK Freak

All my LoD products shipped FedEx...
Old 11-03-2011, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Imposter_LRF
All my LoD products shipped FedEx...
Well, there goes that theory!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LoD front and rear bumpers on order through Northridge 4X4, can hardly wait to get them and the new winch installed, maybe during Christmas or sooner if I can get some time off before then. Right now it looks like 7 / 12s per week until then.

Quick Reply: LoD has stiffed me on my lower skid plate !