Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

LoD experience

Old 06-10-2009, 10:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now you are just being a Tool. Many of us do get advice from Eddie and everyone else on the forum. THAT IS WHAT A FORUM IS FOR!!!, but we are all capable of making our own decisions. I did. So can you, so shut the hell up and be happy with your rails or send them back.

Honestly we have tried to help you out and you are just ignoring us.

Why did you go with LoD in the first place?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Please understand.

Sometimes a company/ mfg have their est. ETA for the product production. However things don't always go as planned. regardless this is a big company or a small company. There could be supply delays, powder coating delays, and pkg delay.

LOD is a small company with less than a hand full of people working including the owner Chris. Sometimes is not they don't want to pick up a phone or return a phone call right back to you it is just simply "can be very tough" sometimes when trying to take new orders , build existing order, and solver problems with sold/shipped orders and many other things.
If they don't pick up the phone or reply emails, they won't get new orders, and all business are out there generate profit and build customer relationship for future business. None of the forum will black list a vendor due to delay orders. Unless its a fraud such as took your money and never ship you the products or simply disappeared from the face of the earth.

I am not saying delayed 4 additional weeks is okay, but its always expected with smaller company. I can honestly say that I have also miss replied emails, or return a call back to ca customer who have left me a note. And yes I work almost 7 days a week 10am-11:30pm daily other than I'm sleep, out wheelin, or helping other customer. I am as busy as it is already as a small retailer, I can't possibly imagine what a popular small mfg have to deal with.

WilliamAWebb. I understand how you feel, I was a regular consumer like you and everyone else on this forum. When I buy something I want it ASAP. Or give to me on the date I was told. Truth is we are not SONY, Snap On, GAP& etc we don't have the addition money source to provide large productions. I have waited 1.6 month for the rear bumper for my very own personal vehicle from LoD. Please understand that small companies like us are doing our every best to survive in this market and yet do our best to keep EXCELLENT customer service record. I know LOD is doing their best and Chris have stepped up and hired additional help to shorten on the lead time for all orders to keep up the demands. The product they build can really take some harsh beating that I have put it through, You will absolutely love their products.

I am not taking side for neither parties, I just want to let you know the ground both parties stands(you & LOD). I do not think any one deserve to be black list simply due to not answering the phone often or due to production delays.

Last edited by MBATF; 06-10-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:13 PM
JK Jedi

OP - If WOL wanted to prevent you from saying something negative about LoD, this thread wouldn't even exist. I think that is WOL's point.

It sounds like LoD certainly could have done a better job keeping you properly informed about your order but, guess what, people sometimes screw up. I think the second point that you missed (which was in WOL's first post), is that perhaps you could have handled the situation a little differently on the backend. As I read it, your first post came right out of the gate with an attack against the forum (which is probably why WOL responded in the first place). Obviously WOL, and this site, had nothing to do with your order or your interaction with LoD. Handled a different way, perhaps you could have used the forum to help you resolve the situation in a way that wouldn't have left you so pissed off.

It's kind of like the difference between politely sending back your steak to have it cooked properly (in which case you will probably end up with a free meal cooked to your liking) and telling everyone in the restaurant to f-off (in which case you are likely going to get the pleasure of eating boogers and "special sauce" on your "new" steak). I prefer the former, but hey...to each their own.

I appreciate the concerns about everchanging delivery date, but I can unequivocally say I plan on purchasing a ton of stuff from LoD anyway.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by WilliamAWebb
Yeah it did, the first time i didn't know you were speaking english. I thought it was korean or chinese or something. I understood the second time when you said you were a giant cunt.

I CAN'T WAIT TO BE BANNED.
Okay dude. Not to defend anyone but There is no need for personal attack base on the individual race/nationalities.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MBATF
Okay dude. Not to defend anyone but There is no need for personal attack base on the individual race/nationalities.
OH I get it, Eddie is Korean. Stupid me, at first I was like since when is a cu#t a nationality? and why haven't I been to that country? Cuz if there was a country like that I would totally have a time share there.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by sully151
OH I get it, Eddie is Korean. Stupid me, at first I was like since when is a cu#t a nationality? and why haven't I been to that country? Cuz if there was a country like that I would totally have a time share there.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WilliamAWebb
Yeah it did, the first time i didn't know you were speaking english. I thought it was korean or chinese or something. I understood the second time when you said you were a giant cunt.
Wow....leave for a while and come back to this. Clearly Mr. Webb has some underlying issues not related to LoD. I'm thinking he intended for this thread to go the direction it went from the beginning.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:54 PM
JK Jedi

Default LoD Cris.....

Listen Mr Webb,

Iam not Eddies buddy or do I have a stake in LoD. I ordered my front stubby and rock rails in November of last year, took me about 4.5 months to get them. Was I upset? Sure. Did I call Eddie? Yes Did I write emails to LoD and WOL? Damn right. BUT Like everyone has said here SHIT HAPPENS!!! Would I of ordered something differnt? Probley not/ If they told me 5 months waiting would I have said anything? No.

Now I have my Bumper and Rock Rails in place. I think these products rock and I love them. they have saved my JK many times. I have also seen them save my friends JKs many times.

As far as install instructions, stop being a whiney B&^%h go to the Lod Web site and down load it. If you would of done that days ago maybe you wouldnt be such a little baby.

And as far as Cris at Lod goes, everytime I call him he answers the phone. Iam having problems right now with my TeraFlex LA kit brackets not allowing the Rock Rails to be mounted. Cris helped me out answered my questions and gave me advise.

Eddie has a tough job and when he has to liten to babies cry it takes away from his life. Stop being 2 years old.

Also you need a tool ( tap ) to work on YOUR Jeep, Your talking about the money you spent. NO PLACE DOES IT SAY TOOLS SUPPLIED!!! GO BUY IT!!!

I hope This makes you feel like a complete foolish idiot. YOU ARE.

Oh Iam married to a asian lady. People like you make me sick.

Have a nice day
Old 06-11-2009, 05:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepCacher
Wow....leave for a while and come back to this. Clearly Mr. Webb has some underlying issues not related to LoD. I'm thinking he intended for this thread to go the direction it went from the beginning.
here, here - at first I think this appeared to be a legitimate complaint, but the more I hear about the details here and the more I see the mannerisms being displayed, the more I think there was a smear agenda in this thread all along.

It's one thing to raise a legitimate complaint for us all to discuss and (hopefully) resolve, but this smells funny.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They still make the best looking rear bumper and tire carrier out there and their rails look great. I will still buy them when I scrape up some funds.

Quick Reply: LoD experience