Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

LoD experience

Old 06-09-2009, 08:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately their products as well as Shrokworks are top notch! Their wait time isn't the issue... their telling people it will be there in 3 days 3 different times is the problem. This is not a JK issue... they were both like this with TJ stuff too. Seems to me they wait to get money to buy materials to build... no biggie as long as that is mentioned up front. I will echo however that I have heard very few complaints about the quality.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bottom line is NO ONE likes to be lied to specially when they have paid good money out already, yes they make a great product but you are freaking nuts if you think its ok for any company to repeatedly lie about when their product will be delivered or repeatedly blow off calling you back or emailing you back, its pretty damn simple to be HONEST, its pretty sad that some people jump on people on this forum when they make threads like this, I've seen many, I guess some people dont mind being lied to yes the OP knew he would have to wait, but did he know he would be repeatedly lied to?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sully151

BTW, if everyone calls, emails, telegraphs, sky writes or sends smoke signals how do you expect LOD to get your rails finished?
i would hope that they would have more than one person working for them. I am not saying the product is not top notch, i am sure it is though i have not recieved it yet. What makes me mad is not getting a straight answer. Don't say you are going to ship it if you arent. I also have an offroad trip scheduled for tomorrow because i was told they would be here in time but they arent going to be here. I just want to get the truth when i call. If you say you are going to ship spmething then ship it.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

Maybe your last part was sarcastic, but unemployment is over 9%, and they can't find someone to work for minimum wage to answer emails? Maybe 2-3 days a week, from a temp agency?

You should get my point. They are in customer service. If they take my money and I email them, they should answer. If they want my money and I email them, they should answer.

Originally Posted by sully151
I had issues with my spare fitting on my bumper due to backspacing, I called Chris and 4 days later I had a new mount at my door and all is well with the world.

Sure I may have waited a few extra weeks for my bumper, but it's a high end after market item that is only built in batches so it was not a big deal.

The quality is there and the customer service is there.

BTW, if everyone calls, emails, telegraphs, sky writes or sends smoke signals how do you expect LOD to get your rails finished?
Old 06-09-2009, 08:39 PM
JK Super Freak

agreed, they make a great product, it would just be nice if companies were always upfront and honest about when a product would arrive. I would respect them a lot more if I was told initially that the product would take 3 months, rather than being told it would take 3 weeks and ended up taking 3 months!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:27 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This whole thread made me laugh. Quality? If you can't get a bumper shipped to me in a month after I pay you shame on you, you shouldn't even be in business , unless you are upfront with the customer ordering and tell them it's gonna be 3mos, 6mos, whatever and then the customer can decide whether or not it's worth the wait. Alot of people said the "quality " was worth the wait. Or were you just happy to get the damn thing? Quality??Our jk's have leaky tops, manifolds ,axles, ps pumps, tranny's, etc. Death wobbles, steering clunks, ripped track bars, etc. Computer probs, this that and the other. Could it be when you see that prestine piece of metal in front of you finally that it makes all your probs go away? Probably, I guess it's a jeep thing. Gonna order my LOD shorty w/stinger soon. Guess I'll be bitchin with the rest of you. Dammit, those LOD's look soooo good.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:38 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by WilliamAWebb
JK-Forum.com has a blacklist for dealers that have used bad business practices.
i am really sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience with lod. why you didn't just cancel your order, express your frustration by demanding a refund and taking your money elsewhere is beyond me. however, while the customer service you received was less than what you would considered to be stellar, it is hardly what i would consider to be "bad business practices". ultimately, they continued to communicate with you and so far as i can tell, you always had the option to cancel your order.

so that it's crystal clear, JK-Forum.com only blacklists manufacturers and/or vendors if they are caught in the act pimping undercover. essentially, signing up on the forum, pretending to be an average joe and proceeding to promote their products and/or services like it's the best thing since sliced bread. for us, we find this to be an underhanded tactic and a questionable means to solicit and therefore, we blacklist these companies as a way to help protect our otherwise, unsuspecting members. needless to say, i would be grateful if you would please re-read our rules carefully before suggesting that we somehow apply them to a sponsor based on your misunderstanding of them.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just buy all my stuff from David at North Ridge and then if I have any issues with not getting it on a timely manner he will make the calls to the manufacturer, and tell you the truth. Often times I find that doing it this way you will get much better service, and usually a better price too once you figure in shipping.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
i am really sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience with lod. why you didn't just cancel your order, express your frustration by demanding a refund and taking your money elsewhere is beyond me. however, while the customer service you received was less than what you would considered to be stellar, it is hardly what i would consider to be "bad business practices". ultimately, they continued to communicate with you and so far as i can tell, you always had the option to cancel your order.

so that it's crystal clear, JK-Forum.com only blacklists manufacturers and/or vendors if they are caught in the act pimping undercover. essentially, signing up on the forum, pretending to be an average joe and proceeding to promote their products and/or services like it's the best thing since sliced bread. for us, we find this to be an underhanded tactic and a questionable means to solicit and therefore, we blacklist these companies as a way to help protect our otherwise, unsuspecting members. needless to say, i would be grateful if you would please re-read our rules carefully before suggesting that we somehow apply them to a sponsor based on your misunderstanding of them.
I have read the rules and they say questionable business practices but that is not clearly defined. It says what we (you all) believe is questionabl and I am sorry to hear that yall don't believe that misleading a customer with false information is not questionable. I believe that that is down right wrong but that might just be my southern personality. We must do things differently because here when somebody says they are going to ship something you believe them, that is why i did not cancel my order. Some of us have to wait for our orders and don't have sponsorship relations with these manufacturers. If i had known that I was being missinformed when I called and emailed I would have cancelled. You can also read my pm's with LoD and see that I recieved no response when I inquired about my order, thus a lack of contact.

Last edited by WilliamAWebb; 06-10-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:53 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
... Dammit, those LOD's look soooo good.
Yep, just like Shrockworks: Worth the wait. (He says as he's waiting for what will probably be anywhere from six to nine months for his Shrockworks rear bumper).

It helps to laugh about the wait.

Quick Reply: LoD experience