Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

LOD BUmper problems anybody?

Old 04-24-2007, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOD BUmper problems anybody?

04-18-2007

Im looking for everyone's experiences with LOD bumpers. I have their front and rear with tire carrier. I havent had the best luck with their customer service . I got their first batch of front and rear bumpers. I had not installed mine yet becasue the Jeep still isnt here. I know that there were issues with body clearance on the outside edges, and there have been modifications to the original design that increased the mounting points. I first tried to talk to them about it but they were in MOAB. They called me back when they returned and I was told that indeed, some changes were made that resolved all the previous issues. They told me that they would have mine picked up by DHL and shipped to them. They are going to "fix" it and then have it re-powdercoated and they would then send it back to me. I told them that the Jeep would be here this week. He told me that it would be picked up by DHL Monday, I should leave it outside so they can pick it up! Well, I left it outside all day monday.....no pickup. I called them Tuesday and he said that he forgot to set up the pickup and most likely it will be wednesday. It sat out all day today.....no pickup. I really like the bumpers and the price was great but the customer service could use some work. I am sure that they are super busy trying to keep up with their orders considering they are about a month out for new orders. (I read this on another board). Im just a little frustrated I guess. Anybody else had same experience , or am I just an anomoly?

04-20-2007 New update: Well two more days have pased and still no pickup from DHL. Its been sitting on my porch for 5 days now. Still no answer from LOD either. I may try to get hold of 4x4Exlor and see if they can help me at all. I think that they are friends. I bought the bumper through them. Starting to get more frustrated.

04-21-07 Eddie from 4X4Explor emailed back and says that he is on top of it, He called LOD and they said that they were going to get DHL to come out and pick it up. I told him that I would rather they just ship one out as a replacement as soon as they see that theirs has been picked up rather than waiting for mine to be "fixxed" and then re-powdercoated and sent back. We'll see what happens I guess. I'm sure both companies want to show that they know how to take care of the customer So I'm not too worried. It's their reputation, not mine

04-23-07 Guess what! Its still sitting on my porch waiting to be picked up by DHL. Something makes me think that DHL hasn't been notified to pick it up. Hmmmmmmm. It's been sitting out on my porch for a WEEK now. Luckily it is too heavy for somebody to steal. Im getting more n more frustrated.

04-24-07 LOD e-mailed and said that they would pick it up yesterday or today. Its still sitting on my porch, I'm at work and it's raining cats and dogs out. I hope that cruddy box that they ship them in stays together!
Old 04-24-2007, 06:47 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The DHL bumper fairies strike again!

benmar2000 had issues with his as well.

I HATE DHL. Nothing but problems every time i have dealt with them.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im not so sure if its all DHL's proble. They dont know to pick something up if they are never called.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maybe not, but i just wanted to whine *L*

I hope they get it resolved to your satisfaction.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey billycj7, I just got off the phone with LoD and was told that a pickup was scheduled and that they would be giving you a call today about it.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I really appreciate your help! It must be a prob over on their side. You told me that they were gonna call me last week and never did. We'll see if they call today.....but for that matter, they really dont need to call me, they just need it to get picked up! To tell you the truth, I think that If i could start over with a whole new manufacturer, I probably would. Something gives me a feeling that If i ever have a problem with these bumpers in the future, I am going to be on my own. Kind of a sickening feeling after shelling out so much for bumpers. Lesson learned I guess.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by billycj7
I really appreciate your help! It must be a prob over on their side. You told me that they were gonna call me last week and never did. We'll see if they call today.....but for that matter, they really dont need to call me, they just need it to get picked up! To tell you the truth, I think that If i could start over with a whole new manufacturer, I probably would. Something gives me a feeling that If i ever have a problem with these bumpers in the future, I am going to be on my own. Kind of a sickening feeling after shelling out so much for bumpers. Lesson learned I guess.
Please don't get me wrong, but you have a brand new 1st Gen JK bumper that you haven't even installed and now want it replaced with a 2nd Gen bumper and all on LoD's dime. And, I think it is only fair to point out that LoD has agreed to do this without any fuss in order to keep you satisfied. Do you have any idea how much this will be costing them to have your bumper picked up and have a new bumper shipped out to you? I realize that this is taking a bit longer to take care of than you would prefer but I can assure you that they will take care of you. I know it's no excuess, but they have just been extremely swampped with work and are doing the best that they can. If it helps, I will keep on them all day until they do call you and give you a firm date as to when they will pickup your bumper. Or, if you would prefer, I can arrage to have your bumper picked up, have your order cancelled and refund you your money so that you can purchase another bumper instead. Just let me know what will keep you happy and I will do what I can to make it happen.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:23 AM
JK Jedi Master

Hell, if I had the cash I would buy the 1st gen. back bumper. I love my LoD front.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the help Eddie. They were out to pick it up about 1/2 hour after they called me to tell me that they would. He also wanted the swing arm back for some alterations. So its on its way back. Hope to get it back soon.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well,..........its been gone for about a month now. I called about 9 days ago and they said that it was going to ship soon. I wonder how much longer it will be?

Quick Reply: LOD BUmper problems anybody?