Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Locker Rear Axle + electronic discos availability in DealerConnect - help!

Old 02-03-2007, 11:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locker Rear Axle + electronic discos availability in DealerConnect - help!

friday, i went to order my Unlimited X. the locker rear axle option is available to be configured @ both jeep.com and edmunds.com, but supposedly my dealer didn't see it in Dealer Connect when he went to "build" my JK. i saw this at the arifleet website:

(SHG) Electronic front sway bar w/o Rubicon model has a Job #1 of 2/15/07
(DSH) Locker rear axle has a Job #1 of 2/15/07

anyone have a good idea of when these two will show up in Dealer Connect? i'm moving from here in late May/early June. if the Unlimiteds are taking 3 months to show up after order, then i need to get this ordered very soon. i'm willing to wait another week or so, but only if i can guarantee that the options will be available for order at that time. input from anyone "in the know" or any jeep dealers would be appreciated.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:57 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superboo
friday, i went to order my Unlimited X. the locker rear axle option is available to be configured @ both jeep.com and edmunds.com, but supposedly my dealer didn't see it in Dealer Connect when he went to "build" my JK. i saw this at the arifleet website:

(SHG) Electronic front sway bar w/o Rubicon model has a Job #1 of 2/15/07
(DSH) Locker rear axle has a Job #1 of 2/15/07

anyone have a good idea of when these two will show up in Dealer Connect? i'm moving from here in late May/early June. if the Unlimiteds are taking 3 months to show up after order, then i need to get this ordered very soon. i'm willing to wait another week or so, but only if i can guarantee that the options will be available for order at that time. input from anyone "in the know" or any jeep dealers would be appreciated.
why not order a rubi?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TEV
why not order a rubi?
i'll im you my paypal address so you can send me the ~$5,220 difference

i'm 25, married, working for the government. i could have done the 2dr, albeit with some initial sacrifices. but the 4dr rubi is a bit too much of a stretch.

and besides, if i can get a rear locker and electronic disco on the X, then the rubi isn't worth an extra $4k for the front 44/locker/yes seats/rims/tires/4:1/stickers/speakers to me. i mean, i'm gonna put seat covers on anyways, change the rims/tires, pull off the stickers, and replace all of the speakers+fact stereo.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anybody seen prices on these options yet? I think I saw 1100 for the swaybar, how much for the locking rear axle?
Old 02-05-2007, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepingib
Anybody seen prices on these options yet? I think I saw 1100 for the swaybar, how much for the locking rear axle?
No idea of a price on the swaybar as a selected option when ordering a JK, but the $1100 quote you speak of is what I heard the dealership is charged by Mopar. $1700-$1900 is the price the dealership would charge you as a carry out part..... No idea on the locker.....
Old 02-05-2007, 08:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Angryitch
No idea of a price on the swaybar as a selected option when ordering a JK, but the $1100 quote you speak of is what I heard the dealership is charged by Mopar. $1700-$1900 is the price the dealership would charge you as a carry out part..... No idea on the locker.....
would the electronic swaybar be something they could easily install later on? (ie, not included in my 6 years of financing?)

also, i was thinking that maybe i should go ahead and get my jeep ordered today. then in a week or two when the locker becomes available, i can just edit my order, right? or....is it more complicated/PITA than that?
Old 02-05-2007, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by superboo
would the electronic swaybar be something they could easily install later on? (ie, not included in my 6 years of financing?)

also, i was thinking that maybe i should go ahead and get my jeep ordered today. then in a week or two when the locker becomes available, i can just edit my order, right? or....is it more complicated/PITA than that?

Good question....

I have an e. swaybar disco already. It isn't installed, but I bought one with the intention of installing on my Uni. X 4-dr. Come to find out, two service techs at different dealerships advised NOT to install with factory harness and pcm, both of which I would need to purchase on the side, because it would lead "to all sorts of problems"... So basically I have an assembly I can't use according to them...

Because the VIN on my JK does not recognize the swaybar assembly as OE, it will never accept it... In other words, the PCM will bypass the assembly no matter how many times you "flash" to show it's installed... You would think this day and age a patch could be made so I could install the e. disco and use a factory harness and switch on the Jeep I bought in October...

Unless you were to hear otherwise, I would order a JK with it or select a model on the lot with the assembly installed....
Old 02-05-2007, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Angryitch
The locking rear axle is a $0 option on jeep.com's build tool. I'm wondering exactly what that option gives you, as there is no explanation on the website.

Edit: Ok, I just did some more searching on here, and answered my own question. Locker rear axle is the same as a rubicon locker, but the availability isn't until middle of next month, and the price hasn't been determined yet.

Last edited by jeeper78; 02-05-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeeper78
The locking rear axle is a $0 option on jeep.com's build tool. I'm wondering exactly what that option gives you, as there is no explanation on the website.

Edit: Ok, I just did some more searching on here, and answered my own question. Locker rear axle is the same as a rubicon locker, but the availability isn't until middle of next month, and the price hasn't been determined yet.
according to: http://www.arifleet.com/production.html

it should be available in about 10 days or even less. i wish someone could confirm this for me :/
Old 02-05-2007, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

I searched for "locker rear axle" in this forum... March 12 is the date I came up with... it could have been updated more recently, though.

Quick Reply: Locker Rear Axle + electronic discos availability in DealerConnect - help!