Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lock winch hook?

Old 11-22-2010, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lock winch hook?

Does anybody bother to "lock" their winch hook to their Jeep?
Old 11-22-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Junkie

not sure what you mean......I usually just attach the hook to a shackle off to the side, then put a bit of tension on it...it that what you mean?
Old 11-22-2010, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just to keep someone from disengaging it and wrapping it around a tree or something stupid.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:03 AM
JK Junkie

then no I dont do anything different...if someone really wants to mess with your Jk, they will regardless....and you should notice if some has disengaged your winch line and wrapped it around a tree before you drive away...if not, you will notice really quickly

I think you're safe to just snug the line up to a shackle.....or you could put a cover on the winch too, just one more thing they have to do to get at your winch....I have an older winch cover on mine 1/2 the yr, and it is bungied on super tight, and usually takes a few mins to take it off....no one has ever messed with my winch...the chances are slim....

cheers
Old 11-22-2010, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can just imagine someone running it under the Jeep to the vehicle behind you. That would be a shock!

Quick Reply: Lock winch hook?