Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Local dealer has so few JK's. Why?

Old 03-12-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Local dealer has so few JK's. Why?

Just curious as to why there are just a few on the lot. Are they still selling like hotcakes?
Old 03-12-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's probably due to a number of reasons:

1. There were some good incentives in addition to dealer discounting at the beginning of this quarter.

2. Limited supply of hard tops due to supply chain problems

3. Still recovering from production shut down issues late last year

My local dealer (small Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep) used to stock 6-10 on a very consistent basis, but since last summer it looks like he gets shipments of 5-7 JKs every 5-6 weeks and nothing in between.

It this case it could be the way factory is filling orders or just the way they are ordered given the economy.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I bought mine a few weeks ago, they had 3 Unlimiteds on the lot. My JK was en route from the factory and it never even sat on the lot more than over night. When I was looking for a JK, most dealers here in AR had 5-6 listed in their inventory.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:57 PM
JK Freak

I think you'll see this change soon, as the weather warms up. Dealers more than likely have submitted their orders and are waiting for delivery to coincide with" Springtime" temps.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are you sure they're still an authorized dealer? A bunch lost their status and still keep the sign and a few Jeeps.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

Also depends on the number they have sold as well. If they didn't have much demand for them, they are not going to stock them. There would be no point. Just inventory aging.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by caligirl
When I took mine in for the oil change the other day....my local dealer only had 1 on their lot and it was used. They were trying to convince me to trade mine in.....trade it in on what??? Besides I like it too much
Had the exact same thing happen to me on my last oil change.

I said sure, I'll trade it in.....as long as you take off the tires and all the mods and install them for free on the '10 Rubi.......that shut them up...
Old 03-12-2010, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

My local dealer has about 12. 5 are parked on the 20' 45 degree angle steps out front. looks really badass.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If inventories are low now. They are going to be even lower by the end of the month with the current incentives, plus its end of the month and end of the quarter.

It's probably one of the best times to buy before the weather gets warm across the country.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartan99
Just curious as to why there are just a few on the lot. Are they still selling like hotcakes?
I was at the dealer today - they have a ton of Unlimiteds, 12 and about 7 2doors - and around 10 used ones. Take your pick! LOL! One thing I did notice was all the new 2doors were all soft tops. But that's ok, I'm a rag-top man, anyways. Oh, and mine is nearly paid off and don't feel like making payments!

Quick Reply: Local dealer has so few JK's. Why?