Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Line- X or Rhino lininng

Old 08-13-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line- X or Rhino lininng

Need some suggestions or opinions on what the best liner is to use for my '10 jk. This is my first jeep and have lined anything before. I would appreciate the insight and maybe even a completely different direction like a good diy product. I know my friend used herculiner but it seemed to be a bit of a pain. Thanks for the help!
Old 08-13-2011, 09:26 AM
JK Junkie

I'm goin to subscribe, cause I've been wondering and wanting the same thing too.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Line-x is by far the best. It is a dual chemical process that is mixed as it is sprayed under heat and chemically bonds to the surface. Additionally, line-x is guaranteed for life and they will touch up for free.

I have a bumper, rails, sliders, mirror brackets, pegs and trim pieces all line-Xed and they take a beating without a problem. I rhino lined my old YJ and it was ok but not great. The DIY is fine but you get what you pay for. Just my 2 cents
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4087938000.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	195300   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3706140400.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	195302  
Old 08-14-2011, 10:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BadPunkin
Line-x is by far the best. It is a dual chemical process that is mixed as it is sprayed under heat and chemically bonds to the surface. Additionally, line-x is guaranteed for life and they will touch up for free.

I have a bumper, rails, sliders, mirror brackets, pegs and trim pieces all line-Xed and they take a beating without a problem. I rhino lined my old YJ and it was ok but not great. The DIY is fine but you get what you pay for. Just my 2 cents
Line-x is guaranteed for life in TRUCK BEDS ONLY!

Line-x is best, Rhino Tuff-Grip is probably a better application for a Wrangler tub.

Skip them both and do either Upol or Monstaliner.

Just as a serious question - how many times do you intend to throw a railroad tie or dump a load of rock into your Wrangler? None? Yeah, that is what I thought. Virtually every bedliner is total overkill for the conditions seen in a Jeep tub. You don't need the bombproof capabilities of Line-x.

If money was no object....I would still roll on Monstaliner. I might have chosen Upol if I did it again, but the extra care and time you can take ends up with a better looking job overall. Line-x looks great, but a lot of shops (almost all) will not take the time you will if you are anal retentive. I removed everything, rerouted wires, etc. Line-x said they would spray over all wires - and if they aren't spraying over them, they are stopping short.

Look up the guy on here with blue Upol - it looks fantastic and will provide more than enough protection for where it has been applied.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rickyj

Line-x is best, Rhino Tuff-Grip is probably a better application for a Wrangler tub.

Just as a serious question - how many times do you intend to throw a railroad tie or dump a load of rock into your Wrangler? None? Yeah, that is what I thought. Virtually every bedliner is total overkill for the conditions seen in a Jeep tub. You don't need the bombproof capabilities of Line-x.

If money was no object....I would still roll on Monstaliner. I might have chosen Upol if I did it again, but the extra care and time you can take ends up with a better looking job overall. Line-x looks great, but a lot of shops (almost all) will not take the time you will if you are anal retentive. I removed everything, rerouted wires, etc. Line-x said they would spray over all wires - and if they aren't spraying over them, they are stopping short.

Look up the guy on here with blue Upol - it looks fantastic and will provide more than enough protection for where it has been applied.
Line-x 100%, and it also depends on where you get it done at for warranty
Old 03-09-2012, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Line-X No question about it.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Line-X hands down. It is a far superior product than rhino lining. Plus, rhino lining seems to fade much more than the line-x does. I've lined 3 truck beds and my 74 Bronco tub with Line-X and couldn't be happier. I have not had a problem with any of them, and they offer a full lifetime warranty against chips and dings.

Luke
Old 03-10-2012, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rickyj

Sounds like you have a crappy Line-X Dealer. I used the Raptor liner on some pieces and it came out good and seems to be holding up well, I have since decided to Line-X everything for better protection.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Monsterliner... It's a roll on bed liner.. I think that's what I am going with
Old 03-10-2012, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the monster too, just wish i had time to do my rig...

Quick Reply: Line- X or Rhino lininng