Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lil Sassy Found These Last Night

Old 11-07-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah those cans really look wierd up there, besides killing any chances of fitting in a garage.

I'm not a big fan of white, but with the black accents they do look pretty sweet. A lot of potential.

BTW What happened to lil buddy? Did you change your name?
Old 11-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Wes
JK Enthusiast

*cough* Buy the Vette *cough*
Old 11-07-2008, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lil Sassy
yeah, changed the screen name. Brett and I were out having a drink the other night and it just came to me....cuz I'm kinda sassy...and it matches better with his screen name...awww
Cool, makes sense. So I know it hasn't even been a day, but are you closer to narrowing your search?
Old 11-07-2008, 01:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gold knight
Cool, makes sense. So I know it hasn't even been a day, but are you closer to narrowing your search?
Gold we're back and forth on several, couple on here, several on AutoTrd'r, etc and we're mentally drained . Best thing when that happens is slow your roll, don't rush, get what you want. She wants a flame-red, auto, 4-dr Rubi, Mygig or a Nav equiv or better and it doesn't have to be built yet. We're taking our time.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by N2rock
Lil Sassy fits so much better- I like the double meaning

I'm all for the mentality of: If you want it, and you can afford it, go for it (that's why we bought Shannon's a year ahead of schedule).

But you bring up a valid point about the daughter. If you buy the Jeep now, do you hold on to the existing car because you know it's history? But if you do that, you still have to pay insurance on it (liability only of course). And keep it maintained so it is still in good condition when you daughter starts driving. Or do you sell it, and take chances with a used car later on that you do not know the history of? Tough call...

But a year & 1/2 is a long time to wait. Life is short, and meant to be enjoyed IMHO.
Good points Steve, she gets fired up and then it takes nothing for me to get all fired up, I'm never patient but am trying to be. I hate storing a car longterm and it's an excellent car for a first time driver, one owner Lil Sassy and that's it, always maintained. On the phone with my dealership now about a flame red 4-dr Rubi...no MyGig ...they're asking a lot on the sticker...lol...$95 for locking lugs and 199 for tint.....whatever...I miss the days when a repeat buyer would get a good deal. This would be our 3rd Jeep from them.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hemi for me thanks!
Old 11-08-2008, 05:27 AM
JK Super Freak

So typical! I'm sure you know how to negotiate those out
Oh yeah bud, I'll call you later tell you what he told me, once he calls me back this morning I'll post up the results.

Originally Posted by cmpmacchia
Hemi for me thanks!
well yeah hemi for me thanks too...
Old 11-08-2008, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

I'm just curious why the white "rubi" has the steps? Could it be that it is actually an X with decals? Make sure you don't get screwed.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Well we almost bought a 4-dr Unl 4-dr Rubi yesterday but they didn't quite meet my terms...

SAS Terms = $30k fully loaded w/MyGig, Auto, don't need an engine heater, don't need tow (ain't got nuttin to tow) otherwise fully loaded.

So we're waiting till someone or "my dealer" meets SAS terms...
Old 11-09-2008, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

I sold my sidesteps to a Rubi owner. And bought my Rubi rails from a Rubi owner that had removed them to add sidesteps. A guy I know in the make-ready at a dealership tells me it is very common for people buying Rubi's to want sidesteps (remember a lot of people buying Rubi's are buying it because it is "top of the line", and don't have a clue that it is for wheeling).

Notice it has Rubi tires- Yeah, they could have added Rubi tires to an X like I did... But it also has Mygig which is not an available option on an X. Of course the safest thing to do is look to see if it has a D44 in the front.
I completely agree with you. I simply meant to keep an eye out to make certain that you weren't being taken for a ride. I wouldn't be surprised if some people did some simple exchanges and sold X's as rubi's. It really would not take much to fool many people. As you stated "alot of people byuing rubi's are buying it because it is "top of the line"..."

Quick Reply: Lil Sassy Found These Last Night