Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

which lift and why?

Old 09-02-2008, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deciding on a lift can be very overwhelming because everyone has their 2 cents. Here is my 2 cents. I decided to get the TF 2.5 BB with shocks. My JK is my DD and after talking with my service advisor, I decided that the BB will be less stress on my Jeep and since I don't wheel too hard it would be the cheapest. I am glad I went this route and haven't regretted it since. I have 33's on it now and if I wanted to go to 35s then I still can. It is cheaper and you can always upgrade later.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sully151
WOW! 20 posts!. I thought I would have a lot of info regarding which lift to get, instead I get 2 guys that love their lifts so much they act like kids from rival schools.

It's all good, I like your passion.

On an "apparent" side note I ordered my lift yesterday. Teraflex 2.5" coil lift with shocks.

Now it can sit in my garage until I can afford tires and wheels.

BTW, theonlyredhead here is a link to what a budget boost can do.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/tf-2-5-hardcore-offroad-pics-20240/
Sit in your garage until you can afford tires and wheels? Can you not install the lift with stock tires and wheels and then replace them later?
Old 09-02-2008, 11:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jasruby
Sit in your garage until you can afford tires and wheels? Can you not install the lift with stock tires and wheels and then replace them later?
Have you seen a lift with stock 30's?
Old 09-02-2008, 12:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Yours must have the 16" wheels? Mine has a lift on the stock 32" 17's and it doesn't look that bad.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats on your lift purchase. Teraflex are some good guys and they make a REALLY nice lift. I checked out their 4" Lift on a friends JK yesterday and its freaking nice...and the components to my eye look extremely well made....

All of their stuff is really nice....You will be very happy with your purchase. Don't forget to post up some pics when you got it all lifted.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have Sahara with 18" rims.

I know that stock tires and rims do not look as good as bigger rims and tires with lift. However, I just hate to buy the lift and then let it sit in the garage uninstalled. (Could take me awhile to save up for the rims and tires I want.)
I really was just making sure it's possible to use the stock tires and rims.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Freak

with the TF 2.5" Coil/Shock lift, do you ened to buy anything else, Disco's, sway bars, something?? Or is that really it?
Old 09-02-2008, 07:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by REL1203
with the TF 2.5" Coil/Shock lift, do you ened to buy anything else, Disco's, sway bars, something?? Or is that really it?
That is it! That is why I went with this lift. It will get me about 3" and I don't need trackbars or drive shafts, or brake lines.

I will get discos soon enough.

I talked to Joe at Teraflex and David at Northridge and they told me the same thing. for 33's this is the lift to get. How do you like that? I was ready to spend more $$ and get the 3" and they said no!

Crazy way to run a business. Then again I wil go back to them again and again and again and a- well you get the point.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:58 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is it! That is why I went with this lift. It will get me about 3" and I don't need trackbars or drive shafts, or brake lines.

I will get discos soon enough.

I talked to Joe at Teraflex and David at Northridge and they told me the same thing. for 33's this is the lift to get. How do you like that? I was ready to spend more $$ and get the 3" and they said no!

Crazy way to run a business. Then again I wil go back to them again and again and again and a- well you get the point.
You can buy some TeraFlex slider/bumpers/cb mount etc to make up for it!
Old 09-03-2008, 03:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want a bb from teraflex toooooo!!!!!!! But I dont have the money yet. I guess I will ask for it for xmas.

How do I know if I need the shocks too? My jeep is always a daily driver and some 1-3 trails once a month or 2.

Red

Quick Reply: which lift and why?