Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

which lift and why?

Old 09-01-2008, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by somewhereinla
Hope I wasn't misunderstood, I wasn't trying to make it a contest between Old Man Emu and Teraflex and I did mention that you guys offer a "great product". It is only my own conclusion from my own experience offroading , from friends and from what I have read. No biggie, to each its own... but I'll stick with OME.
So, let me make sure I understand. In your experience from offroading, from friends and from what you have read, you would stick with OME over this kit that has only been out for 1 month. The kit that has had NO bad reviews, no unresolved issues, and the support of the manufacturer on this site. Alright, your choice. No biggie. I admit, I was torn between the OME kit and the Teraflex 2.5 spring kit w/shocks. I waited until the kit was available, and someone installed it, posted their pics of the install and what issues they had. Then I watched as Joe from Teraflex handled the issues publically on this site. The kit was tested offroad and pics were posted. Damn, this is some company. I then ordered my kit. Not only do they back up their products with excellent representation and service, they actually want you to post any problems so they can resolve them before anyone else has any issues. HUMM! I am sure the OME kit is a "great product"... but Ill stick with Teraflex.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:28 PM
JK Freak

Read my original post, I wasn't talking about this kit in particular... Nor did I mentioned any bad reviews.

Relax mate, no need to get defensive. I you like your kit, all the power to you, life is good.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I read it, and I'm relaxed. But I also read the original post for this thread. The guy was questioning the Teraflex 2.5 spring kit, and the Teraflex 3inch kit. Soooooooooooooooo, .............ok. I give. Your the champ.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:00 PM
JK Freak

I guess you really want to give me a hard time, so pleae do read the post by " jasruby " which is just above my first post. Here it is :

Originally Posted by jasruby

I know this has been over before and I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but....

I went quote shopping for a lift today. I'm kinda curious as to why one would choose one lift over another. Both in brand and in coil or BB. I am also looking for 2.5-3".

Back to your regularly scheduled thread....
As I understood it, jasruby was looking for opinions on the Teraflex and alternative brands. This is what I was trying to answer. Again my apologies if I offended you in any ways or if I misunderstood the post, no need to belittle me in the event I did misunderstand, I was just trying to be helpful.

cheers.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nope. Not givin ya a hard time. Just sayin, I read your post about OME, and I read the original post about the two Teraflex kits. Please, insult my intelligence some more. At least that guy said he was sorry for hijacking a thread. But, whatever. Again, you win. You love your kit. Yeah OME! Weeee. God bless Oprah and OME! .......lol.............I crack me up!

Last edited by Hellbilly; 09-01-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:11 PM
JK Freak

Hey, this is a friendly forum, let's keep it that way.

cheers.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Always friendly. I'm bettin you're one of those last word guys arent ya? Right, wrong, not even in the conversation,....gotta get that last word in. I keep sayin its good. You win. I'm not hate-n. But you can't let it go. I stand corrected, You crack me up. Seriously, I'm just playin with ya. Thanks for the fun. OME is a great company and I could have easily gone that way. I know its a rock solid company that's well proven on the trail. I went with Teraflex and am very satisfied with my choice. You went with OME and are very satisfied with your choice. Lets agree to disagree. Be Jeep brothers and support each other like all Jeepers before us. My friend, lets turn this thread back over to the other JK-forum members. We've had our fun. I call a truce. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......last word.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:28 AM
JK Super Freak

WOW! 20 posts!. I thought I would have a lot of info regarding which lift to get, instead I get 2 guys that love their lifts so much they act like kids from rival schools.

It's all good, I like your passion.

On an "apparent" side note I ordered my lift yesterday. Teraflex 2.5" coil lift with shocks.

Now it can sit in my garage until I can afford tires and wheels.

BTW, theonlyredhead here is a link to what a budget boost can do.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/tf-2-5-hardcore-offroad-pics-20240/
Old 09-02-2008, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

You'll love it! Congrats It won't sit there long. You won't be able to stand it. Go on and order your wheels and tires. And we'll be looking for the pics as soon as you're done!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hellbilly
You'll love it! Congrats It won't sit there long. You won't be able to stand it. Go on and order your wheels and tires. And we'll be looking for the pics as soon as you're done!
Tell that to the banker... I mean my lovely wife.

Maybe I will post her email address and all of the JK-forum can email her and tell her I need wheels, tires, rock rails, bumpers, winch, etc. ASAP

Do you think it will work?

Quick Reply: which lift and why?