Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

which lift and why?

Old 08-31-2008, 12:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are some of the general prices for a 2.5 like 150.00 to 1200.00 plus labor???

I want about 2-3" good and cheap and I have to get it installed so what does Teraflex recommend?

Where do you go to get it installed? the dealership to help the warrant?

Red
Old 08-31-2008, 08:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Teraflex Budget Boost = 2.5 inches of lift $220-$430 depending if you get shocks.

Teraflex 2.5 coil lift kit= 3" of lift $365-$577 depending if you get shocks.

These prices will go up 12% soon. Northridge 4x4 has them on sale for the weekend.

Have some folks in your area group help you put them on. Offer pizza and beer and the wrenches will flock to you.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 2.5 kit with shocks. part #1251000. When I got mine it was 559.95 from Northridge and free shipping. Price may be more or less, but I am extremely pleased with this kit! Super easy to install, looks great, and rides great.

IMHO the best bang for your buck!
Old 09-01-2008, 05:56 AM
J2H
JK Enthusiast

im not sure I could put a lift on myself
Old 09-01-2008, 07:34 AM
JK Junkie

Hell billy post a before and after pic

I looked up your part number it is 549.99 from quadratec

Is that what I need? what is the one at the dealership they call a 2.5" installed for 280.00 they said it was like boots at the top of something?

My jeep peforms very well for me I just want 33's with out rubbing is this what I want?

Red
Old 09-01-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK
Hell billy post a before and after pic

I looked up your part number it is 549.99 from quadratec

Is that what I need? what is the one at the dealership they call a 2.5" installed for 280.00 they said it was like boots at the top of something?

My jeep peforms very well for me I just want 33's with out rubbing is this what I want?

Red
It is probably a budget boost, basically hockey pucks that lift the jeep higher.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:18 AM
JK Junkie

Are those bad or make the ride really ruff?
Old 09-01-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

before....

after with winch, bumper, and 35's.....

I would check to see if Northridge still has free shipping as compared to another vendor plus shipping............no offense to any vendors, I'm just sayin.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Actually how a JK rides on road is just as important to TeraFlex as to how they handle offroad. What good is a kit if it's only good for one usage? If you buy our coil kit it will ride a little firmer. Spacers kits rely upon the stock coils/shocks, Rubions tend to have a firmer ride. With 6 different 2.5" kits out, TeraFlex customers have a broad range to choose from depending on $/usage and what the wifey will let you do.

Now some have ran into "flighty" steering or ESP issues. With lowered tire pressure and centering the steering wheel these issues can be addressed. Also loosening the control arm/trackbar bolts before install then retightening after can really help.
Hope I wasn't misunderstood, I wasn't trying to make it a contest between Old Man Emu and Teraflex and I did mention that you guys offer a "great product". It is only my own conclusion from my own experience offroading , from friends and from what I have read. No biggie, to each its own... but I'll stick with OME.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by somewhereinla
Hope I wasn't misunderstood, I wasn't trying to make it a contest between Old Man Emu and Teraflex and I did mention that you guys offer a "great product". It is only my own conclusion from my own experience offroading , from friends and from what I have read. No biggie, to each its own... but I'll stick with OME.
So, let me make sure I understand. In your experience from offroading, from friends and from what you have read, you would stick with OME over this kit that has only been out for 1 month. The kit that has had NO bad reviews, no unresolved issues, and the support of the manufacturer on this site. Alright, your choice. No biggie. I admit, I was torn between the OME kit and the Teraflex 2.5 spring kit w/shocks. I waited until the kit was available, and someone installed it, posted their pics of the install and what issues they had. Then I watched as Joe from Teraflex handled the issues publically on this site. The kit was tested offroad and pics were posted. Damn, this is some company. I then ordered my kit. Not only do they back up their products with excellent representation and service, they actually want you to post any problems so they can resolve them before anyone else has any issues. HUHM! I am sure the OME kit is a "great product"... but Ill stick with Teraflex.

Quick Reply: which lift and why?