Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lift questions/concerns

Old 03-18-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lift questions/concerns

Some lift questions... don't want to post in the modified forum as they are more worries than anything.

So, i recently picked up a 2.5" 4-door coil lift for my 2-door. It came with shocks, the springs, and a front steering stabilizer (unused).

I was expecting the lift to give me about 3" of lift over what I am sitting at right now, since they are 4-door springs and not 2-door. So I went out and brought some Currie adjustable rear sway bar links and a JKS adjustable rear track bar.

My worry is, that I will need a front one (adjustable track bar) also to be drivable. Or will it work/perform just fine but my axel is just slightly off center?

I have already dumped 3x as much into my Jeep than I said I would... is swear this thing is like crack... but legal.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:12 PM
JK Super Freak

You should be fine. I ran my lift for a while before I added an adjustable trackbar. I honestly added it because I could see the axle was off center. Now I know it was not bad at all but things like that drive me nuts. I will say it does drive better with the trackbar.
I would say install the lift and drive it, see what you think. You should be fine.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thats a load off my back...

A slightly shifted axel is worth putting up with for a few months while i save up for the front track bar...

'cause i want my lift installed... just need the help
Old 03-18-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

The front will be off more than the rear but it really won't affect the way it drives. However, it's only another $130 for the front track bar and peace of mind.

Quick Reply: Lift questions/concerns