Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

lift kit Old Man emu2

Old 05-20-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 4,000 miles on my OME HD kit and still rides perfect.

Much, much better than stock. Actually softer than stock even though the springs are HD.

I have the ARB bull bar up front and only lost a 1/2 of height up front. The rear has settled 1/4" since the install.

Even with the winch bumper and settled springs The underside of my fenders are over 39" off the ground on stock 32" BFG MT's.

I think AussieJK has an Axe to grind with OME. He's the first I've ever heard of that didn't like the ride quality.

I've installed OME shocks and springs in Land Rovers, Toyota's, Jeeps and Fords with ZERO complaints in the past 5 years. All driveway installs with limited experience and no air tools.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey derekls, i saw in your sig u have a steering stabalizer... was this precautionary? or are there other reasons?
Old 06-13-2008, 01:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OME kit with HD springs front and rear
Old 07-24-2008, 11:54 PM
DesertDJ

Thumbs up OME Lift on my 2007 Rubicon

In June I had a TeraFlex 2.5" BB installed on my Rubicon Unlimited. Also had an adjustable front track bar and upgraded steering stabilizer put on. The ride was much worst then the stock Rubicon. The stock Rubicon soaked up the desert washboard roads like a Cadillac. With the BB, I couldn't drive for more then 15 minutes on my usual trails. Also the truck was lopsided with the right side being about 1/2" lower than the left side. This was very noticable when looking at the jeep head-on or from the rear. I'm figuring that the dealer that installed it must have messed up somehow installing the pucks and not seating them right.

After 1 month, I had the BB replaced with OME coils and shocks (heavy duty). Wow!!! What a difference. The truck is sitting straight and high, close to 2.75 and that is with ARB front and rear bumpers and a Warn PowerPlant HD on the front. The ride is almost as soft and comfortable as the stok Rubicon with just a tad more stiffness and feedback. Just right. The shock tubes and shafts are much larger and beefier then the Teraflex 9550s. I'm not saying that the TeraFlex shocks are bad, just that the OMEs seem to be more substantial all the way around. I just had 315/70R17 BFG AT KOs installed on AEV Pintlers and the tires clear all the way around, steering-stop to steering-stop and they clear the rear sway bar links. I will also say that unless you're a hard core off-roader / mudder, the ATs are way, way better on the road then the Mud Terrains. I really like the looks, handling and ride of the truck. I'm very pleased with the OME lift as well as the ARB bumpers.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rub1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	11194   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0555.jpg
Views:	59
ID:	11195   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0559.jpg
Views:	58