Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

lift kit Old Man emu2

Old 05-10-2008, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift kit Old Man emu2

Lift kit 2 in for a Rubicon 2dr 08, there are a few write ups on the OME2 kit, nothing after installed. If anyone has installed this kit please comment, . I'm trying to offset the bumper and winch install. any change in highway driving ect

Last edited by Hammerman; 05-10-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:50 PM
JK Super Freak

The OME kit is a sweet lift. I love the ride and handling of the kit and would highly recommend it to a friend!

Anything specific you would like to know?
Old 05-10-2008, 10:11 PM
JK Freak

It rides better than stock I think. Depending on what winch and bumper but I would say the Heavy springs would be what your looking for if you got the heavy bumpers, etc

The only complaint I have about them is the bow I have . Its just a cosmetic thing so far but working on getting a fix for it. Not saying that you will have a bow, most dont, but it is possible.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AussieJK
Yeah its shit i had 35's and it rubbed in dont fles much and ride i think was rubbish i upgraded to RE 3.5 lift
Might have been the wheel and tire combo you had if your ride 'was rubbish'.

I have 33's and the ride is better than stock was with 28s or 265/75/16s(about 32's).

And as far as rubbing with 35's ARB reccomends you run longer bumpstops, so assuming you where running stock, then thats probably why you rubbed.

Dont get me wrong, nothing wrong with the RE 3.5 I dont guess, other than RE being way over priced......
Old 05-11-2008, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah its shit i had 35's and it rubbed in dont fles much and ride i think was rubbish i upgraded to RE 3.5 lift
I know tons of people running OME lifts and love them. Of course this is on a Taco so it could be different. Hell I plan on running an OME Coil lift on my truck.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ride with the OME 2" was better than the Daystar 1.75" I had on it before. Then I put on Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers and HOLY CRAP what a great ride! I have yet to get it out on the trails, but I am expecting great things.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

North Ridge is showing two OME kits
a 2.5 hd with steering stablizer. and a OME lift kit with full traction front & rear adjustable track package (no lift size on North Ridge site shown). any additional input on this would be helpful I'm running stock 255/75r/17. my original reason for the lift was the additional of a 90lb bumper and a warn power plant, also a steel rear bumper.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:22 AM
JK Newbie

I had the longer bump stops it rubbed on my mopar rock rails at the back it needs longer upper and lower control arms to work with the 35's i didnt see the point and it was a harsh ride worse than stock i thought but our road over here arent exactly the best even free ways are rubbish but i found the RE kit to much better alot softer Im happier with RE kit it was the cheapest 3.5 lift with control arms over here well prob cause i am good customer of the guy i bought it from
Your the first person that has said the ride is not better than stock. Since I have OME on my Jeep and know the ride is much better I'd say you had something wrong.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seer1
The ride with the OME 2" was better than the Daystar 1.75" I had on it before. Then I put on Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers and HOLY CRAP what a great ride! I have yet to get it out on the trails, but I am expecting great things.
seer, what wheels are you using that the spacers made a difference?
Old 05-14-2008, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Ome Hd

I went with the HD kit I used the information from our site and several others input. They are going on this weekend, I'll post updates after running the kit for 500 miles.

Quick Reply: lift kit Old Man emu2